Are you interested in working on some of the most complex and fulfilling problems in healthcare today that can be solved with data? As a Lead Clinical Analytics Engineer, you are accountable and responsible for the successful delivery of large-scale projects that include building data pipelines, optimizing predictive models to run at scale, and solving for ways to expose all of this data to consumers. On top of that, yo will work with delivery leaders to ensure work is properly aligned from a technical perspective and mentoring a team through technical leadership, guidance, and support.
- Designs and develops complex and large scale data structures and pipelines to organize, collect and standardize data to generate insights and addresses reporting needs.
- Writes complex ETL (Extract / Transform / Load) processes, designs database systems and develops tools for real-time and offline analytic processing.
- Develop frameworks, standards & reference material for architecture and associated products.
- Designs data marts and data models to support Data Science and other internal customers.
- Acts as mentor to junior team members to provide technical advice.
- Support delivery management by working with other leaders to organize the work in order to assign to teams in an optimal manner.
- Applies knowledge of CVS systems and products to consult and advise on additional efforts across multiple domains spanning broader enterprise.
- Collaborates with data science team to transform data and integrate algorithms and models into highly available, production systems.
- Uses in-depth knowledge on Hadoop architecture, HDFS commands and experience designing & optimizing queries to build scalable, modular, and efficient data pipelines.
- Uses advanced programming skills in Python, Java or any of the major languages to build robust data pipelines and interfaces.
- Integrates data and insights into different systems of engagement through established patterns.
- Collaborates with other technical teams to design and implement best-in-class solutions with both existing and new systems.
- Experiments with available tools and advises on new tools in order to determine optimal solution given the requirements dictated by the model/use case.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills within and across teams.
- Ability to communicate technical ideas and results to non-technical clients in written and verbal form.
- Proven ability to create innovative solutions to highly complex technical problems
- Ability to leverage multiple tools and programming languages to analyze and manipulate large data sets from disparate data sources.
- Ability to understand and build complex systems and solve challenging analytical problems.
- Advanced knowledge in Java, Python, Hive, Cassandra, Pig, MySQL or NoSQL or similar.
- Advanced knowledge in Hadoop architecture, HDFS commands and experience designing & optimizing queries against data in the HDFS environment.
- Experience building and implementing data transformation and processing solutions. Has in-depth knowledge of large-scale search applications and building high volume data pipelines.
- Experience with bash shell scripts, UNIX utilities & UNIX Commands.
- 7 or more years of progressively complex related experience.
- Experience designing and building GUI and non-GUI interfaces for data and capabilities. API development leveraging ReST or microservices and data and event streaming with Spark and Kafka respectively.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in Computer Science, Engineering, Machine Learning, or related discipline. Master's degree or PhD preferred
Percent of Travel Required
0 - 10%
Aetna, a CVS Health company, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We are committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, disability or protected veteran status. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website