As a Senior Product Owner, you will provide the direction and requirements to a SAFe AGILE delivery team comprised of IT (Information Technology) and business roles to deliver new and enhanced capabilities to constituents (member, provider, colleague). You will work with numerous IT roles and provide direction spanning multiple technologies (for example: Web, Mobile, SMS), domains (member, plan, benefit), and disciplines (for example: architecture, development, QA, and infrastructure). You will interact daily with delivery team ensuring barriers to deliver are being addressed and is expected to address issues or mitigate risks and escalate if they cannot as well as interact regularly with stakeholders which are typically Director to Vice President level ensuring they are informed and aware of status and concerns and accomplishments. The Senior Product Owner has considerable decision-making capabilities regarding ‘the what' and ‘the how' an initiative is delivered within the guiderails of the business case and the cost benefit analysis previously completed and capabilities in scope are considered Highly Complex (business and technology). The Senior Product Owner role does not manage a direct budget, but is directly involved with ensuring the costs and benefits are aligned to forecast. The capabilities being delivered are strategic in nature that typically have direct operational impact to call center and print operations and overall member service.
Additional responsibilities as a Senior Product Owner include:
- Create product vision and create compelling briefing materials for business and technical stakeholders
- Build effective partnerships with business stakeholders to ensure product meets a real need and that product is successfully deployed
- Ability to define product priorities within the scrum team and product feature details in close partnership with architecture, scrum master, and applicable supplier teams; participate and provide leadership in all scrum team and Agile Release Train activities
- End-to-end understanding of product from product business case to production statistics once product is live
- Identify, document and advocate for product enhancements
• 10+ years experience with several of the following methodologies: management consulting, project consulting, business process consulting, financial strategic analysis, mergers and acquisitions, strategic business planning, and/or risk management consulting.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires its Colleagues in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
- If you are vaccinated, you are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status within the first 30 days of your employment. For the two COVID-19 shot regimen, you will be required to provide proof of your second COVID-19 shot within the first 60 days of your employment. Failure to provide timely proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status will result in the termination of your employment with CVS Health.
- If you are unable to be fully vaccinated due to disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief, you will be required to apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 30 days of your employment in order to remain employed with CVS Health. As a part of this process, you will be required to provide information or documentation about the reason you cannot be vaccinated. If your request for an accommodation is not approved, then your employment may be terminated.
• Demonstrated relationship management skills at the senior level; capacity to quickly build and maintain credible relationships at varying levels of the organization simultaneously.
• Demonstrated leadership with relevant initiatives: Business process, enterprise business project management/consulting, financial strategic planning and analysis, mergers and acquisitions, strategic planning, risk management.
• Demonstrated superior business process, project management and organizational redesign experience.
• Demonstrated experience successfully implementing change in complex organizations.
• Experience with enterprise-wide and/or cross-functional large scale initiatives with high degree of complexity
• Experience working in an Agile environment is preferred
Masters degree preferred, but not required.
• College degree.
• Appropriate licensure or certification by discipline preferred.
At Aetna, a CVS Health company, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We are committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, disability or protected veteran status. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website