At the Optical Center Inside CVS, our mission is to help people on their path to better health, and look great while doing it. Our focus is world class quality of patient care, combined with best in class customer service and technology to deliver an outstanding eyecare and eyewear experience. We offer flexible work schedules and a competitive compensation packages. As part of the largest pharmacy healthcare company in the US, a career with the Optical Center Inside CVS offers opportunity for leadership growth and development.
The Licensed Optician is responsible for delivering key customer experiences and results through our brand pillars: innovation, collaboration, caring, integrity, and accountability. Ensures our customers always come first and helps to develop the optical skill of others.
* Always put the customer first, make a connection and engage in their needs
* Uses optical skills and experience to educate patients on the best eyecare and eyewear solutions
* Able to problem solve and be solution oriented
* Fosters Teamwork and collaboration-assist associates with optical questions and problem solving
* Consistent delivery of key performance indicators
* In depth understanding of key differentiators and solutions for customers: lenses, frames, services
* Ensures finished eyewear meets optical standards
* Conducts preliminary tests for the optometric doctor where appropriate
* Pulls insurance authorizations, claims management, and patient education
* Take pride in the work environment, including store cleanliness and presentation
* State Licensure (if applicable) active and in good standing
* Optical Dispensing Experience
* Maintain a valid ABO. Applicable in licensed states only per state requirement
* Developed communication skills, both verbal and written
* Knowledge of current optical theory and eye health
* Knowledge of optical industry lens, frame, insurance, and problem solving principals
* Strong track record of cross-functional collaboration
* Awareness of current fashion trends
* Strong Sales and Customer Service Skills
Retail Experience Required
* High School Graduate or equivalent
It's a new day in health care.
Combining CVS Health and Aetna was a transformative moment for our company and our industry, establishing CVS Health as the nation's premier health innovation company. Through our health services, insurance plans and community pharmacists, we're pioneering a bold new approach to total health. As a CVS Health colleague, you'll be at the center of it all.
We offer a diverse work experience that empowers colleagues for career success. In addition to skill and experience, we also seek to attract and retain colleagues whose beliefs and behaviors are in alignment with our core values of collaboration, innovation, caring, integrity and accountability.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Gender/Ethnicity/Disability/Protected Veteran – we highly value and are committed to all forms of diversity in the workplace. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT. We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact our Advice and Counsel Reasonable Accommodations team. Please note that we only accept applications for employment via this site.
If technical issues are preventing you from applying to a position, contact Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352.
Apply on company website