Join the Central Pharmacy Services team that supports Coram CVS/specialty infusion services team as a Pharmacy Supervisor for Home Infusion, and be part of a dynamic team that supports a business that provides cost-effective solutions and high-quality patient care. This is an opportunity to lead a pharmacy team in a growing segment of healthcare, home infusion services. Assist patients receiving specialized and complex therapies administered in their homes.
•Coordinate and direct activities of pharmacy personnel in the appropriate data entry, clinical counseling, and patient care coordination, ensuring timely and accurate completion of tasks in a remote processing pharmacy working with Coram Branches across the nation.
•Participate in performance improvement, recommending process changes in workflow and develop educational programs.
•Coaching and counseling, annual reviews, KPI's metric tracking for employees and one on one meetings.
• Training coordination and orientation of new employees.
• Participates in quality improvement meetings and tracking meetings. Working to ensure that quality training or required changes to practice are implemented to improve patient safety.
•Operationally involved in the implementation of new clinical programs, policies and procedures, along with process changes.
•Verify accuracy of dispensing, medical and laboratory data and required monitoring log data, including all quality assurance documentation. Obtain, interpret and evaluate all physician medication orders for therapeutic appropriateness, cost effectiveness, accuracy, safety and completeness.
•Will cover as a pharmacist for pharmacists while on vacation, sick, and as needed.
•Participate in patient evaluation for acceptance, product selection, device selection and supply management.
•Participates in on call rotation for pharmacists.
- Bachelors or Doctor of Pharmacy Degree in Pharmacy from an accredited college or university.
- Current license to practice pharmacy in state of RI. Other mandatory licensing requirements for other states may be required.
- One year related experience in an IV alternate site environment or equivalent is preferred.
- Advanced degree
- Previous leadership experience leading clinical teams.
- Strongly able to engage, able to mentor, and develop others.
- Ability to read, analyze, interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations.
- Ability to write and present information to managers, patients, nurses and physicians.
- Computer skills (word processing, database, spreadsheet programs).
- Bachelors or Doctor of Pharmacy Degree in Pharmacy from an accredited college or university
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website