Performs order entry and customer service tasks related to activities in support of the medication dispensing process. Research medication order issues and facilitate their resolution.
- Calculates and/or verifies the correct dosage based on the prescription
- Enters new and refill orders in a timely and accurate manner
- Support the patient intake process
- Process orders based on the priority assigned
- Batch and print labels, forms and delivery tickets
- Prepare backup pharmacy orders
- Comply with a process that addresses all state and federal guidelines regarding medication labeling
- Provide dispensing pharmacists with information regarding allergies and drug interactions, therapeutic duplications, and other items that the computer flags
- Courteously assists all internal and external customers
- Consult with dispensing pharmacist regarding prescription order clarification, non-stock items, order entry problems or concerns
- Complete all data fields according to pharmacy procedures including use of approved abbreviations.
- Follow all applicable government regulations including HIPAA
- Assist with pharmacy workflow as needed
- Triage customer service requests by department, urgency, and information/response required
- Resolve customer complaints, issues and concerns
- Research questions, issues, and concerns as directed by management
- Answer incoming customer calls
- Prioritize and respond appropriately
- Direct to appropriate team member to ensure best service possible
- Obtain information, explain available products or services
- Respond to inquiries
- Collect, prioritize and sort incoming faxes to the appropriate department/area
- Review orders for completeness and fax back orders to customers as needed.
- Initiate non-discretionary calls to facilities
- Contact customer accounts according to call schedule to obtain updated patient information, and verify accuracy of Resident Log information, as needed
- Create and maintain accurate customer records
- Maintain required documentation for tracking and researching orders
- Communicate with pharmacy field staff via email, phone or fax regarding patient changes received from facilities
- Understand Medicare Policy and Co-Pay requirements/guidelines
- Coordinate/manage “STAT” order process (check e-kit stock list and fax back to customer)
- Assist team members/department as needed in order to meet workflow deadlines and/or complete miscellaneous projects
Management Responsibilities: None
Physical Demands: May sit, stand, stoop, bend and walk intermittently during the day. May sit or stand seven (7) to ten (10) hours per day. May be necessary to work extended hours as needed. Finger dexterity to operate office equipment required. May need to lift up to twenty-five (25) pounds on occasion. Visual acuity to see and read fine prints. Specific vision abilities required by this role include close vision, color vision and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to hear normal voice sounds. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this role.
Work Environment: Work in a climate-controlled, smoke-free internal environment.
Minimum Qualifications: (must be met in order to perform the job at the required level)
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently, meet deadlines and be flexible
- Good organizational skills and detail oriented
- Knowledge of medical terminology (including sig codes and Roman numeral), brand and generic names of medications and general pharmacy terminology
- Ability to perform tasks accurately and efficiently when inputting information
- Ability to maintain composure on phone when handling customer calls
- Licensed/registered pharmacy technician or as required by state law
- Basic math and analytical skills
- Intermediate typing/keyboarding skills
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English
Preferred Qualifications: (if above and beyond the minimum required)
- Previous pharmacy technician experience
- Previous data entry experience
High School Diploma or equivalent
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website