As a Physician Assistant with MinuteClinic you will deliver direct patient care services in a retail clinic environment. You will be working in collaboration with a dedicated team of professionals as you independently provide holistic, evidenced-based care inclusive of accurate assessment, diagnosis, treatment, management of health problems, health counseling, and disposition planning for our patients, who are age 18 months and above.
In the Physician Assistant role, you will be part of a team that is reinventing health care through innovation, collaboration, caring, integrity, and accountability. Our purpose is “helping people on their path to better health” through provision of high quality, accessible and affordable healthcare solutions for our patients.
WHY CHOOSE YOUR CAREER WITH MINUTE CLINIC?
• Patient-Centered Quality and Safety: Evaluation of primary care, acute, chronically ill, and transitional care patients, in addition to providing healthcare education and counseling, and disposition planning for our patients ranging in age 18 months and above. Provide patient counseling; inclusive of pregnancy prevention, STI Prevention/safer sex practices, contraceptive care counseling and medication management.
• Customer Service Excellence: Seeking to increase patient engagement and satisfaction through integration of feedback from patients, management, and professional colleagues.
• Healthcare Environment Management: Supporting the overall patient experience, by effectively managing clinical and non-clinical duties as well as patient expectations.
• Business Acumen: Accountable for budget, payroll, inventory, billing insurance, and payment collection. Effective verbal, written, and electronic communication skills.
• Autonomy: Providing Patient care independently while effectively working within a patient care team, including fellow Providers, Collaborative Physicians, Paraprofessionals, Pharmacists and other members of the health care team.
• Physician Assistants will be assigned a primary clinic, however, are expected to travel to and staff other clinics within a manager-defined area as needed by the business.
• While performing the duties of the job, the Physician Assistant is regularly required to move about and interact with customers, sit, write, operate the computer and phone, speak intelligibly, and hear patient responses.
• May include Telehealth work - communicating with patients effectively over an audio and/or video connection.
• The Physician Assistant must also possess the ability to perform overhead reach, bending / squatting to access supplies, balance and safely use a step stool, lift at least 20 lbs., and move about the surrounding location.
• Minimum of two years of medically relevant experience or equivalent combination of experience and/or education.
• Completed accredited DOT certificate training program prior to start date and completion of the DOT certification exam within 30 days of employment.
• Active DEA license and other state specific licenses may be required prior to start date.
• Demonstrated effective verbal, written, and electronic communication skills, outstanding organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
• Proven ability to initiative, problem solving ability, adaptability, flexibility and track record of working without direct supervision and practicing autonomously.
• Prior experience with information management, technology and the proven capacity to collaborate with professional colleagues as necessary to provide quality care.
• Verifiable Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
• Previous experience through MinuteClinic student rotation and preceptor supervised programs.
• Previous experience as a Physician Assistant.
• Previous experience with a focus in a Primary Care, Ambulatory Care, Urgent Care Clinic or Emergency Medicine.
• Experience working with Epic.
• Completion of a master's degree level Physician Assistant program with an active National Board Certification is required and must be verifiable prior to designated start date.
• Active in good standing State Physician Assistant License required and verifiable prior to designated start date.
At MinuteClinic, a CVS Health business, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website