Aetnas' mandate is to transform health and wellness via products that enable consumer engagement and best-in-class experience. This team is responsible for Aetna's digital transformation and all digital products; as well as the development and execution of the digital roadmap. A key part of the responsibility is to build an integrated platform that enables the delivery of products to drive engagement and revolutionize health and wellness. We want you to be apart of the team that will build this next generation platform.
Leveraging your expertise in Big Data, IoT, Native Cloud, Application Development, Machine Learning and Deep Learning, you will join a product team that is building disruptive cloud platform that will transform the healthcare industry and improve the lives of hundreds of millions of people. Aetna Digital is a highly energetic, highly collaborative team that operates as a startup within the Aetna Enterprise. We want you to bring your talent and expertise to drive the change the is desperately needed within the healthcare industry.
Come Join Aetna Digital!
Aetna Digital is looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer with a strong passion to automate all the things and have fun doing it. In this role, you'll be working closely with several other engineering groups to help them deliver amazing product experiences to market faster, while keeping quality, security, and compliance in mind. Iterating on highly available, scalable, fault tolerant infrastructure and tools that the business relies on 24/7 is what drives us every day.
Our team is small and nimble, with a culture focused on moving the needle forward through collaborative development, constant learning, and having a great attitude working on and with complex systems. We enjoy dry humor as much as DRY engineering principles. The developer experience is baked into our DNA, and everything we do is in service to our internal end users and our external customers.
Being at the forefront of the DevOps movement here at Aetna Digital, we're paving the way for the organization to step out of their comfort zone, cross pollinate their skills, and have an open mind about what it means to be people first and technology second. Come join us as we reshape the future of healthcare!
What you'll be doing:
• Developing, deploying, and maintaining tools built from the ground up in support of self-service, quality, security, and compliance initiatives, written in Python and Go. • Assisting engineering teams using our tools in implementing their own automated pipelines, deploying services to Kubernetes, ECS, and Fargate. • Maintaining and hardening processes and capabilities integrated in the pipeline, shared across multiple engineering groups. • Collaborating with product, architecture, and engineering groups to build a self-sustaining healthcare platform. • Participating in metrics gathering, monitoring, and alerting activities, as well as on-call rotations, with tools such as New Relic, Sumo Logic, CloudWatch, and OpsGenie. • Solving new problems with modern technologies.
What you bring to the table:
• Three or more years with a proven track record of providing self-service to engineers through Infrastructure as Code (IaC) and cloud automation principles. • Five or more years with experience creating tools and process to automate end-to-end development pipelines, from inception to production, via CI/CD best practices. • Obsession with weaving monitoring, logging, and alerting into everything we build. • Quality and security conscious when implementing solutions. • Ability to debug complicated issues in collaboration with engineering. • Excitement learning from and helping mentor other members of the team as well as across the organization. • Mastered the art of confident humility, remaining open to feedback and ready to take calculated risks to reach yours and your team's goals. • Team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience automating front-end and micro services CI/CD pipelines through CircleCI, Jenkins, and Harness. • Experience running production workloads on AWS and GCP. • Strong understanding of application and platform developer needs and experiences. • Experience with Terraform and CloudFormation. • Experience developing full stack micro services, with a heavy interest in helping other engineers achieve the same career goal. • Experience administrating technologies at scale such as Kafka, ElasticSearch, Postgres, Redis, and Nexus Repository Pro. • Experience working in an environment using Scrum, Kanban, or SAFe agile frameworks.
Education Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
Additional Job Information
- Dollar-for-dollar match up-to 5% of your 401(k) contributions!
- Health care (HSA/FSA), dental, vision benefits, PTO
- Gym / Showers
- A top of the line MacBook Pro
- Sit/stand desk
- Free Parking (Burlington, MA office)
- Aetna-sponsored refreshments, Friday lunches, etc.
- Tuition reimbursement
- Reimbursement also available for additional Certification, Training & Conferences
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
Percent of Travel Required
0 - 10%
Aetna, a CVS Health company, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We are committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, disability or protected veteran status. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website