The Big Data Engineer will collaborate with business partners to identity opportunities to leverage big data technologies in support of Pharmacy Operations with a common set of tools and infrastructure to make analytics faster, more insightful, and more efficient. This role will support, maintain, and optimize the application data architecture to help our pharmacists efficiently fill the medications our patients need. You will bring a DevOps mindset to enable big data and batch/real-time analytical solutions that leverage emerging technologies. You will apply a creative mindset to a focus on collecting, parsing, managing, and automating data feedback loops in support of business innovation.
This role is a unique opportunity to be part of the team bringing AI to our pharmacy workflow impacting 10,000 pharmacies and 100,000 pharmacy team members across the country.
2-5 years of professional experience including the following:
• Hands-on experience with “big data” platforms including Hadoop and Spark, with a good understanding of Azure, GCP or AWS environments
• Proficiency in “big data” technologies including MapReduce, Spark, Airflow, Kafka, etc.
• Proficiency in the following programming languages: Python, shell scripting, SQL (preferably Teradata and PL/SQL syntax) and Hive
• Experience with both traditional RDBMS (eg, Teradata, Oracle) and NoSQL systems (eg, MongoDB, MariaDB)
• Proficiency in processing large datasets (measured in hundreds of millions or billions of records) using SQL, Python, and/or SQL-like query syntax
• Familiarity with DevOps delivery tools Airflow, Control-M, Tidal, Jenkins, Git
• Ability to aggregate huge amount of data and information from large numbers of sources
• Experience with Kubernetes and container orchestration
• Prior experience migrating a big data application from on-prem to Azure
• Ability to design and build a framework to orchestrate data pipelines and ML models
• Extensive experience with Microsoft Office products – PowerPoint, Excel, Word
• Healthcare industry knowledge and/or experience
• Experience integrating user-facing elements into applications and testing/debugging code
• Experience with Business Intelligence tools such as Tableau or MicroStrategy
• Build continuous integration/continuous delivery, test-driven development, and production deployment frameworks
• Demonstrated experience in working with business partners and/or clients to identify the business problem, identifying appropriate data, constructing analytic solutions the business problem and then presenting the data insights along with creative recommendations
• Ability to translate technical concepts ta business audience particularly as it relates ta big data environment including architecture, data flows, and data integrity
Bachelor's Degree required
Major in Economics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Astrophysics or related STEM field a plus
Master's Degree or higher preferred
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website