As a Delivery Driver for CVS Pharmacy, you will work in an exciting and fast-paced environment. You will collaborate with the pharmacy, patients, and nursing homes to ensure that all deliveries/pick-ups are made in a safe, efficient and effective manner. You will act as a liaison between the facility staff and our pharmacy, delivering medications with a strong sense of urgency directly to that patient's home. As part of the CVS delivery team, you will deliver top notch customer service and positively impact the lives of others.
As a Delivery Driver, you will:
• Work with pharmacy staff to ensure that deliveries leave the pharmacy at the appropriate time and delivered to the designated location requested
• Transport and deliver medication and front store items to patients in a safe and secure manner to prevent damage, spoilage or loss
• Maintain delivery log of activities per policy and procedure, which may include checking and/or logging recipient identification
• Be able to ring out prescriptions and organize route when needed. Report status and any problems to pharmacy management
• Ensure patient confidentiality
• If given a company car, maintain company cars by cleaning inside and out, fueling, and reporting any mechanical issues immediately to management
• If not given a company car, provide your own reliable, legal (registered and insured as required by your state law) transportation. Will be reimbursed for mileage
• Demonstrate excellent customer service skills, as well as the ability to multitask and work under limited supervision
• Navigate their routes using basic internet map programs such as Google Maps or Mapquest
This position will have shifts determined by the pharmacy staff and may be full or part time based on the needs of the business and will be addressed.
• Must possess a current and valid driver's license
• Must possess and maintain an acceptable driving record
• Must possess excellent communication and customer service skills
• Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
• Must be able to communicate in English
• Must be able to bend down, bend knees, lift and carry up 25lbs while walking upstairs
• Must be able to be physically active for entire shift, as well as stand for intermittent periods of time
• Pass a background check, drug screening, and Motor Vehicle Record review prior to beginning employment
• Previous delivery or customer service experience preferred
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website