CVS Health, a FORTUNE 4, diversified health services company with more than 300,000 employees united around a common purpose of helping people on their path to better health has an exciting opportunity for an experienced and passionate communications professional. We are looking for a Communications Consultant to work closely with our Aetna/Heath Care Business Communications team to protect and advance CVS Health and Aetna's reputation and culture, and operationalize a high-performing communications function. Partnering with key business leaders throughout CVS Health and Aetna, you will be called upon to apply your communications expertise, business knowledge, analytical and communications skills, as well as tactical skills deliver on strategic business objectives.
Together with your team, your ability to partner with colleagues in the Aetna business - Medicare, Medicaid and Commercial - along with Aetna business Marketing, Medical Affairs, Government Affairs and Human Resources and Centers of Excellence in Corporate Communications is critical to success in this position. You will utilize your experience with critical thinking across multiple disciplines to provide guidance and deliver operational excellence and efficiencies. In this role you will provide both stategic and tactical support across multiple business lines.
You will be responsible for critical back-of-house communications functions including list maintenance, email systems distributions (currently Aetna uses Poppulo for large email distributions), aggregation and reporting of group activities, media and issues tracking and more. The role also includes content development and maintenance of the Aetna portion of the Heartbeat intranet, so a strong storytelling background also is a plus.
An ideal candidate will have worked in healthcare, insurance or a related field OR at an agency supporting the industry with a 360 degree view of trends, issues, etc.
• Develops and produces communication materials, plans and strategies using best practices, innovative ideas and audience insight.
• Supports design, development and implementation of communications solutions that support Aetna's ability to succeed.
• Executes communication plans and projects under the direction of Manager, Senior Director and line management.
• Builds and maintains positive, productive relationships with internal and external constituents.
• Collaborates with others – across multiple communications teams as well as business SMEs - to drive achievement of communications plans.
• Content development and maintenance of the Aetna portion of the Heartbeat intranet, so a strong storytelling background also is a plus
• Measures progress and results; identifies and implements adjustments to achieve necessary outcomes.
• Leads portions of large projects or projects for a business area or with a functional scope.
• Consistently make connections to the larger enterprise context.
• Resolves complex problems with minimal direction from a communication leader.
• Appropriately escalates issues requiring resolution.
• Detail oriented and able to prepare communications that are error-free, accurate, appropriately approved and consistent with Aetna's core values.
• Maintain processes and procedures for Aetna communications.
• Ability to adapt to corporate style as well as apply the Aetna brand with support.
The typical pay range for this role is:
Please keep in mind that this range represents the pay range for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual salary offer will take into account a wide range of factors, including location.
• 3+ years communications, marketing, and/or journalism experience
• 3+ years of experience in writing and editing various communications.
• 1+ years of experience working in a large matrix organization
•1+ years of experience working with communication analytics and reporting
• 1+ years of experience managing back-of-house functions to include list maintenance; design and distribution; reporting on group activities and tracking of results.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires certain colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, religious belief, or other legally recognized reasons that prevents them from being vaccinated.
You are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status or apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 10 days of your employment. Please note that in some states and roles, you may be required to provide proof of full vaccination or an approved reasonable accommodation before you can begin to actively work.
• Broad knowledge and experience within communications disciplines and may have deeper experience in one sub-discipline (may include media/public relations, internal/executive communications, public affairs, and marketing or community relations).
• Experience leading portions of large, moderately complex projects.
• An ideal candidate will have worked in healthcare, insurance or a related field OR at an agency supporting the industry with a 360 degree view of trends, issues, etc.
• Candidate must have a solid understanding of back-of-house communications processes with familiarity with email design and distribution systems. Familiarity with Poppulo email systems preferred.
• Media relations experience a plus.
• Excellent reporting and summary skills a must as aggregating information for peers will be a key component of this job.
• Professional demeanor, able to interact with staff at all levels of the organization to develop, review and distribute communications.
• Must be able to multitask and move seamlessly between projects while managing competing priorities.
• Confident in sharing expertise and best practices but flexible enough to adapt to corporate norms and processes.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office programs with at least basic design skills in Powerpoint.
Bachelors degree or equivalent experience required
Bachelors degree in Communications, Journalism, Business or related field preferred
Bring your heart to CVS Health
Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver.
Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day.
CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Apply on company website