Leads and participates in the design, built and management of large scale ETL data pipelines in Hadoop
- Develops large scale data structures and pipelines in Hadoop to organize, collect and standardize data that helps generate insights and addresses reporting needs.
- Writes ETL (Extract / Transform / Load) processes, designs database systems and develops tools for real-time and offline analytic processing.
- Collaborates with data science team to transform data and integrate algorithms and models into automated processes.
- Uses knowledge in Hadoop architecture, HDFS commands and experience designing & optimizing queries to build data pipelines. Uses strong programming skills in Python or any of the major languages to build robust data pipelines and dynamic systems.
- Builds data marts and data pipelines to support Data Science and other internal customers.
- Integrates data from a variety of sources, assuring that they adhere to data quality and accessibility standards.
- Analyzes current information technology environments to identify and assess critical capabilities and recommend solutions. Experiments with available tools and advises on new tools in order to determine optimal solution given the requirements dictated by the model/use case.
- 5 or more years of progressively complex related ETL experience in Python, Spark, Hive, Pig, Teradata or NoSQL or similar knowledge in Hadoop architecture, HDFS commands and experience designing & optimizing queries against data in the HDFS environment.
- Ability to leverage multiple tools and programming languages to analyze and manipulate data sets from disparate data sources.
- Ability to understand complex systems and solve challenging analytical problems.
- Experience with bash shell scripts, UNIX utilities & UNIX Commands.
- Experience building data transformation and processing solutions.
- Has strong knowledge of large scale search applications and building high volume data pipelines. Master's degree or PhD preferred.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in Computer Science, Engineering, Machine Learning, or related discipline.
Percent of Travel Required
0 - 10%
At Aetna, a CVS Health company, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We are committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, disability or protected veteran status. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website