Aetna Digital is looking for a Senior Software Development Engineer with Java, NodeJS or Python development experience to help build our next generation cloud native health care platform to enable the delivery of use cases into products focused on helping people live healthier lives.
In this role, you will use your experience in working on the latest big data, cloud technologies, and development methodologies involving cloud computing, NoSQL databases, security, encryption, data movement in order to help us leverage data and IoT events to deliver critical capabilities. You will be working as a member of one of our scrum teams in Burlington, MA, New York, NY or Alpharetta, GA.
You will be part of team in designing & developing applications/pipelines for data movement, transformation and dissemination using advanced technologies, such as Microservices, Docker/Containers & CI/CD in cloud native environments.
You will work on cutting-edge applications and products. Brainstorming with architects, product managers, data scientists and fellow engineers to build data products used improve the health outcomes of millions of people.
Works with a cross-functional team, uses agile practices, writes, debugs, and delivers code. Leads discussions with stakeholders from User Experience, Architecture, and Operations. Identifies and fixes problems in code and/or delegates to more junior staff - Follows up to ensure success. Produces solid, thoroughly tested features. Mentors more junior team members.
- We develop real products. You need to be an expert in design, coding and scripting
- We prioritize professional industry experience; advanced degrees alone do not replace real world experience
- We have massive scale. You need to have experience in distributed, scalable systems.
- You must have worked with modern data storage, messaging, and processing tools and demonstrated experience designing and coding in big-data components.
- We are a growing, diverse team and we work together on delivering a Health Cloud platform. We love to collaborate and help each other, and we want someone to share that ideology
- We are and need other self-starters who can see the big picture and prioritize their work to make the largest impact on the business and customers vision and requirements
- 5+ years software development in enterprise/ web/ cloud applications
- We run a multi-cloud platform and containerize applications. You should have good experience of how to build, test, and deploy code to run on cloud infrastructure
- Working knowledge with functional, imperative and object-oriented languages and methodologies
- Working knowledge in microservices
- Experience with building APIs and services using REST
- Experience with infrastructure automation technologies like Docker, Vagrant, etc.
- Experience with build automation technologies like Maven, Gradle, Jenkins, etc.
- Must have experience with Unix/Linux systems with scripting experience
- Must have experience in open source programming languages for large scale data
- Hands-on platform builder with significant experience in developing scalable data platforms.
- Experience with test-driven development and automated testing frameworks.
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies.
- Capable of delivering on multiple competing priorities with little supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, leadership and collaboration skills.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
Percent of Travel Required
At Aetna, a CVS Health company, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We are committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, disability or protected veteran status. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website