The Senior Strategic Brand Manager plays a unique role within the CVS Health organization. They will provide leadership in interpreting and executing brand strategies, programs and tactics. They must be adept at working across highly matrixed organizations and be an excellent brand program manager.
To be successful in this role, the candidate should have the ability to provide strong strategic guidance to business partners on brand strategy, architecture and naming initiatives and projects. And they should be inspired by the opportunity to work in a Fortune-10 company that aspires to be the most innovative health care company in America.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
1. Provide strategic guidance and manage and develop relationships with Business Partners. Build strong relationships with Business Partners and stakeholders across the organization to gain respect and become a trusted advisor who has permission to provide strategic guidance and insights on brand strategy, positioning, architecture, naming, identity, etc. Be able to negotiate compromises, have difficult conversations, and manage up/across/down within and across teams in a positive and collaborative spirit - 40%
2. Seamless delivery of brand initiatives. Management and supervision of numerous brand initiatives from conception to execution while maintaining established deadlines, budget goals and quality. The Senior Manager must have the ability to solve the audience need while ensuring that the brand is being leveraged effectively to reposition the enterprise as a health care company and contribute to the company's growth - 40%
3. Brand Awareness & Training: Creation and ongoing engagement of cross-enterprise stakeholders to drive brand awareness and brand programs and to identify branding opportunities. Development and execution of training sessions to ensure creative agencies and colleagues are familiar with the identity system and strategy - 10%
4. Management of agency/vendor relationships and deliverables. Ability to manage agency relationships and provide clear direction to ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget - 10%
• 7-10 years of relevant work experience in Brand Management role or similar
Brand Strategy and Development:
• Act as brand advisor to business partners and stakeholders across the organization – be their trusted partner and earn a seat at the table for high impact/wide reach initiatives
• Identify gaps that act as a barrier to allowing colleagues to deliver on the brand and initiate solutions to fill those gaps
• Guide Business Partners to leverage the brand throughout their capability/business
• Inspire confidence in our team, elevate our value, and capabilities
• Escalates Business Partner challenges or concerns appropriately
• Exceptional project management and organizational skills – proven ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
• Demonstrated capability to provide positive leadership in a fast-paced, multi-project team-oriented environment – is flexible and can tolerate ambiguity and still operate effectively
• Takes ownership of deliverables and manages them independently and efficiently
• Solution-oriented, resolving program issues (by gathering facts, assessing options, determining appropriate resolutions, providing communications to team)
• Communicate effectively at all levels, across departments, and with Business Partners – can adjust interaction and communications styles for different audiences and situations
• Demonstrate an ability to “read” a situation and react appropriately to solve issues
• Can articulate ideas in a clear, concise, and persuasive manner
• Able to respectfully have a different point of view and have collaborative, positive, and productive discussions that drive consensus (also knowing when to back down!)
Teamwork & Collaboration:
• Ability to create and foster team motivation, collaboration, and positive attitude, and build rapport up- / down- / across- an organization
• Works well independently and with team, taking the initiative to completely manage needs of the team (with minimal oversight)
• Demonstrates professionalism, reliability, accountability, and flexibility, in working with others
• Identifies opportunities to improve the way that we work – seeking innovation and optimization in our processes and output
• Solicits feedback regularly to improve performance; comfortable giving and providing difficult or constructive feedback
• Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office
• Working for a large, publicly traded company
• Health care, retail and ecommerce communications
• Lead large loyalty and personalization programs
• Familiarity with MRM solutions a plus
High School Diploma or GED required.
Bachelor's Degree preferred, but not mandatory.
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website