Performs underwriting analysis and risk assessment for renewal large group contracts and accountings for our Public and Labor Southeast UW Team. Assigned cases/book of business with increasing levels of complexity and will include multiple product types, funding arrangements and/or rating methodologies.
- Responsible for managing a complex renewal book of business.
- Independently reviews work for accuracy, identifies risks and makes recommendations to manage risk while growing or retaining membership.
- Anticipates questions and formulate responses.
- Utilizes advanced functionality of underwriting tools, systems, and reference materials to produce accurate quotes, renewals and/or accountings.
- Applies underwriting guidelines and grants underwriting exceptions/financial variances for their assigned cases within the authority limit for the position.
- Develops underwriting strategies for customers in concert with other stakeholders (sales, claims, customer service) by using knowledge of industry trends, economy, competition, and business objectives.
- Produces timely and accurate customer specific documents, deliverables and account related information. -- Ensures the pricing and/or accounting supports the quote/renewal strategy.
- Peer review others work for accuracy.
- Assists department with projects or workgroups.
- Identifies and supports process improvement through automation or process change.
- Identifies training gaps and recommends an appropriate course of action.
- May be asked to develop or deliver training.
- Mentors less experienced underwriters in development of technical skills or specific subject matter.
- Medical/Insurance Underwriting is REQUIRED
- Experience working with Microsoft products
- Experience providing clear and concise written and verbal communications
- 3-7 years experience in underwriting/accounting pricing methodologies and funding arrangements
- Demonstrated success in collaborating with others to meet/exceed expectations
- Demonstrated ability to utilize analytical and independent thinking skills
- Demonstrated success prioritizing work and the ability to multi task in a fast paced environment
Bachelor's degree or equivalent
At Aetna, a CVS Health company, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We are committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, disability or protected veteran status. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website