Meet Cardio, CVS Health's design system.
Cardio unites CVS Health Digital's product, design, and engineering teams around a common visual and brand language with which to work more efficiently and consistently across platforms and applications. Cardio provides comprehensive documentation and code for visual style, components, accessibility best practices, and implementation, which in turn, allow our teams to focus more on solving our users' healthcare problems.
We're seeking to add a talented and thoughtful Senior Web Developer to our cross-functional team who will help us strengthen our web component code, documentation, and implementation. This role is critical to Cardio's success and requires someone who self-identifies as a “builder" with the ability to architect thoughtfully robust code that expresses beautiful, pixel-perfect UI.
What You'll Do
- Architect, build, and test durable, easy-to-use, semantic, and accessible web components and patterns
- Work hand-in-hand with Design, Accessibility, and Engineering teams to ensure user needs are balanced with technical requirements to create sound components and patterns
- Contribute to clear, lean component documentation for other developers to consume
- Collaborate with technical architects to define and communicate a strong opinion on component code quality and platform standards
- Play an active role on a cross-functional team of designers and developers to continuously strengthen communication, identify efficiencies, and improve agile practices
- Confidently communicate your decision-making rationale to team members and stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Help build and manage Cardio's component library and documentation site
- Occasionally wear your DevOps hat to ensure components can be successfully released and consumed by developers
- Keep your finger on the pulse of emerging libraries and technology, and apply these best practices to uncover novel solutions to everyday design and development problems
- 5+ years' experience in web development
- 3+ years' experience with Angular JS or ReactJS
- Experience with DSM (Invision's Design System Manager) and StoryBook
- Active or interest in being active in the open source community
- Strong system design approach with the ability to break ideas down into their finer elements
- Experience with OO Concepts, Bootstrap, , semantic HTML & CSS, node/npm, git, ARIA roles)
- Strong Knowledge of CSS Pre- Processors like SASS/LESS etc.
- Ability to build reusable components and libraries for handling Frontend piece of web applications.
- Proven record of delivering UI components with excellent usability
- Knowledge of Web Accessibility Concepts (WCAG 2.0, 508 Compliance).
- Knowledge of UI/UX design methods and trends (ie. Material design)
- Basic Knowledge of Java/JSPs.
- Experience designing / maintaining / tuning high-performance code to ensure optimal load time.
- Experience handling Cross-browser/Cross-domain issues.
- Experience building mobile/tablet friendly browser-based applications. (Responsive/Adaptive Web Design)
- Strong appreciation for and ability to sweat the details on the presentation layer
- Real-world experience with inclusive design and/or accessible development
- Strong work portfolio that demonstrates creative problem solving and instinctual and curiosity
▪ Demonstrable experience working on design systems or large-scale products
- Ability to bounce between individual work and group discussions
- Excellent communication and leadership skills in order to effectively present concepts to your team and design system adopters
- Positive, collaborative attitude and good sense of humor
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field required.
It's a new day in health care.
Combining CVS Health and Aetna was a transformative moment for our company and our industry, establishing CVS Health as the nation's premier health innovation company. Through our health services, insurance plans and community pharmacists, we're pioneering a bold new approach to total health. As a CVS Health colleague, you'll be at the center of it all.
At CVS Health, we work every day to help people on their path to better health. Never has it been more important for us to deliver on our purpose to our valued customers, patients, members, and employees. With a presence in communities across the country, CVS Health colleagues are and will continue to be a critical piece of the country's health care solution. The health and safety of our employees, patients, customers, and members is our top priority as we face the impact of COVID-19 together. If you would like to learn about the actions we are taking as a company as we learn more about COVID-19 and its spread, we encourage you to visit our COVID-19 resource center at https://cvshealth.com/covid-19
We offer a diverse work experience that empowers colleagues for career success. In addition to skill and experience, we also seek to attract and retain colleagues whose beliefs and behaviors are in alignment with our core values of collaboration, innovation, caring, integrity and accountability.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Gender/Ethnicity/Disability/Protected Veteran – we highly value and are committed to all forms of diversity in the workplace. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT. Please note that we only accept applications for employment via this site.
We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need to request an accommodation, a qualified interpreter, written information in other formats, translation or other services, please contact our Advice and Counsel Reasonable Accommodations team by emailing Advice and Counsel Reasonable Accommodations team or calling 877-805-9511.
If technical issues are preventing you from applying to a position, contact Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609 or email@example.com. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout, contact the Modern Hire Help Desk at 1-877-451-1695 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply on company website