As a member of the analytics organization at CVS Health, you will be responsible for the design, development and delivery of analytic solutions. You will collaborate with business partners from product development and management, operations, finance, product, marketing and medical affairs to demonstrate the value of CVS Health products and services. You will enable data-driven strategic decision making and find opportunities for existing product improvement and new product development. You will implement analytic solutions ranging from predictive modeling and machine learning, data visualization and insight tools development, and data infrastructure improvements aimed at improving the clinical and cost outcomes of the patients served by CVS Health. You will design and conduct rigorous analyses of pharmacy data, medical claims and other data translating your analytic findings for appropriate business and customer audiences. The essential roles and responsibilities of the role are:
- Collaborate with key internal and external partners to gather and analyze needs and requirements;
- Access data, construct and manipulate large data sets to support planned analyses, using SQL, Python, R, and similar tools;
- Conduct analyses of the data ranging from descriptive ad-hoc analyses to in-depth investigations of healthcare utilization trends and outcomes with several statistical model approaches, such as regression modeling, time series analyses, and machine learning techniques including random forests and ensemble models;
- Design and implement robust analytic and reporting solutions and support the identified needs;
- Build dynamic data visualization tools with Tableau
To be considered for this exciting analytical opportunity, candidates will need to have a minimum of 2 years of professional experience in an analytics role. Graduate education may count toward required years of experience. Successful candidates will possess strong and effective communication skills. You will also need to have demonstrated experience in the following:
- Problem solving skills and experience constructing analytic solutions to business problems;
- Developing innovative analytic approaches leveraging available internal and external data sources;
- Experience interacting with and influencing decision-making by business audiences;
- Solid understanding and hands-on experience with a variety of analytic processes and techniques, including health economics outcomes research, development of measurement methodologies, hypothesis testing, statistical significance testing, modeling and machine learning;
- Experience developing methodology to measure program and intervention outcomes;
- Solid understanding and hands-on experience working with large data sources, particularly pharmacy or medical claims and clinical program data, focusing on efficient data extraction from large databases, data manipulation, and setting up optimized summary data layers;
- Extensive hands-on experience with SQL, Python, R, Tableau and other data, statistical, and data visualization tools and techniques, and ability to investigate and adapt emerging analytic tools and solutions into the analytic standard operating procedures.
- Experience conducting data analysis in a healthcare setting;
- Working knowledge of healthcare industry products/services and operations
Bachelor's degree in qualitative field, such as statistics, biostatistics, analytics, epidemiology, public health, or economics. A graduate degree strongly preferred.
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website