Does being on the inside of a transformational organization sound exciting to you? Well read on!
CVS Health is the nation's premier health innovation company with a purpose of helping people on their path to better health. CVS is pioneering a bold new approach to total health by making quality care more affordable, accessible, simple and seamless. At CVS Health, we're reinventing our front store to be the front door to healthcare. For millions of Americans, that journey begins with one of our 8,000+ retail stores, and our goal is to help each of our customers take that next step in their self-care journey. To achieve this goal we are looking for creative merchandising leaders who think big and push boundaries to get results, for the consumer and for the business. Our Merchants are influential, collaborating with cross-functional teams to bring market leading consumer experiences to life, such as our Health Hubs, Beauty in Real Life stores, yMas formats, and more.
As the Senior Director, Divisional Merchandise Manager for Consumer Health and Wellness, you will write the business plan, set the agenda and are accountable for delivering on the P&L. In this entrepreneurial role, you will be responsible for obtaining results in established categories while growing our offering into new, on trend and forward-thinking categories. As a business owner, you will adeptly use all available tactics including: Assortment, Promotions, Extracare, Digital, Social, Store Brand and Supplier Capabilities to reach or exceed your business objectives. Additionally, your success will require the engagement and further development of your high performing Category Management team as we lead the Transformation of Healthcare.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Champion innovation by bringing ideas to market in an agile way, while balancing growth potential against financial risk
• Shape our innovation strategies by developing an informed strategic point of view and adeptly influencing key partners, including senior leaders while staying abreast of the customer and competitive trends
• Deliver sales and margin goals in assigned portfolio by attaining market share growth. Managing profit and loss targets to include but not limited to: sales, contribution margin, inventory turns, GMROI and DOS
• Build and develop high performing teams, identifying and selecting the most effective associates based on their skill set
• Develop performance measures and goals which meet CVS strategic plans. Measuring, monitoring and holding associates accountable to goals.
• Provide timely and constructive feedback which place associates on a path to success while meeting corporate objectives
• Vendor management to include: collaborating, interviewing, and negotiating with manufacturers and vendors to ensure strategies are aligned to drive profitable sales
• Define and lead the execution of cross merchandising or Divisional strategic initiatives. Develop and cultivate effective reciprocal teams within CVS support areas of Digital, Inventory, Pricing, Promotion, Finance, Store Brands, Store Design and Store Operations
• Lead all aspects of Sr. Category Managers, Category Managers, Assistant Category Managers and a Merchandising Administrative Assistant
• Compliance orientation to maintain integrity of data, systems and partnerships with vendors
-Willingness to travel 5-10%
• 10+ years' experience in retail of or consumer packaged goods, to include 5+ years in retail merchandising or business development
• 5+ years' experience managing a team (professional retail and/or digital merchandising/category management staff)
• 15 yrs. Retail, Healthcare or CPG experience
• P & L Ownership
• Omni-channel experience
• Leadership over multiple teams
• Consistent record of driving groundbreaking performance in a retail business through the implementation of innovative strategies to drive sales and margin
• Working knowledge of modern merchandising tools and systems (promotions, assortment, pricing, optimization, etc.)
Bachelor's degree from leading institution, institution; MBA preferred
It's a new day in health care.
Combining CVS Health and Aetna was a transformative moment for our company and our industry, establishing CVS Health as the nation's premier health innovation company. Through our health services, insurance plans and community pharmacists, we're pioneering a bold new approach to total health. As a CVS Health colleague, you'll be at the center of it all.
We offer a diverse work experience that empowers colleagues for career success. In addition to skill and experience, we also seek to attract and retain colleagues whose beliefs and behaviors are in alignment with our core values of collaboration, innovation, caring, integrity and accountability.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Gender/Ethnicity/Disability/Protected Veteran – we highly value and are committed to all forms of diversity in the workplace. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT. We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact our Advice and Counsel Reasonable Accommodations team. Please note that we only accept applications for employment via this site.
If technical issues are preventing you from applying to a position, contact Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352.
Apply on company website