DEA is adding a CAD Technician to its Salem, OR based Bridge Group. The successful candidate will work with a team of engineers and be responsible for providing CAD drafting and design during the planning, design and construction of transportation structures (bridges, tunnels, retaining walls and hydraulic structures). Structure types typically consist of reinforced concrete, pre-stressed concrete and steel. The successful candidate will assist engineers to provide sheet lists, detailing estimates, and full sets of working drawings for large and small projects.
Other duties include:
- Initiate the production of plan sets to include standard drawings and engineering details. Perform research, as required, to ensure the use of the most recent standard drawings as issued by ODOT and municipalities.
- Perform red-line changes to contract drawings.
- Adhere to company drafting standards as applicable to each project.
- Manage the execution of work assignments within an allocated budget.
- Review all work for completeness and accuracy and adhere to schedule and quality expectations established by contract and industry standards.
- Associates degree in Computer Drafting, Civil Technology, or a related degree preferred or currently enrolled in program.
- Utilize state of the art computer drafting tools; AutoCAD/Civil3D/Microstation/GIS
- Must be organized, detail-oriented, and work well under tight deadlines.
- Desire and willingness to work in a team-based environment that involves coordination with multiple design disciplines and offices.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Familiar with Microsoft applications
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)/Holiday Pay
- 401k and Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- Flexible 9/80 (every other Friday off) work schedule
Transportation Jobs with DEA:
The increasing complexities of modern transportation include growing demands, aging infrastructure, rising costs, funding challenges, and environmental concerns. Agencies and communities faced with improving their transportation systems must do more with less. From initial investigations through planning, concept development, final design, and construction, DEA responds with solutions that serve today's transportation needs while accommodating tomorrow's growth. Our Transportation Business Unit focuses on five markets; Bridges and Structures, Roads and Highways, Transit and Rail, Smart Mobility and Construction Engineering.
Apply on company website