DEA is currently seeking a Civil Engineer for our Rail Group in our Omaha, NE office. The role of the Civil Engineer – Rail is to provide engineering, design, and field observation activities related to railroad projects. These activities will occur both in the office and on project sites. Some travel may be required. Additional duties include, but are not limited to:
- Design of track and railroad facilities.
- Design of grading, drainage, utilities, access roads and at-grade crossings, including related permitting.
- Preparation of design details, schematics, and engineering specifications.
- Coordination with other project disciplines including structural, architectural, geotechnical, surveying, and other aspects of a project.
- Preparation of quantity and cost estimates.
- Limited field observation on project sites before, during, and after construction.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering.
- 2-5 years of civil engineering design experience.
- Competence in MicroStation CAD software and Inroads design software.
- Experience with railroad design standards, methods and practices is preferred.
- Licensed Engineer-in-Training (EIT) or Registered Professional Engineer.
- Must be able to work both independently and in a team setting. Must also have the ability to work on fast-paced, dynamic projects.
- Ability to travel.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Vacation/Sick/Holiday Pay
- 401k and Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- Flexible 9/80 (every other Friday off) work schedule
Railroad Planning and Engineering Jobs with DEA
DEA provides our railroad clients with proven experience in planning, design and engineering, surveying, and construction oversight for a wide range of railroad projects. Our railroad professionals have the technical expertise to develop successful system-wide rail projects for both freight and passenger rail systems. We work directly with Class I railroads, short line railroads, industrial clients, ports, and public agencies to assist with the ongoing and ever-increasing demand to move freight, people, and cargo safely and more efficiently. Our in-house rail engineers, structural engineers, civil engineers, transportation planners and engineers, environmental specialists, and surveyors work together to develop cost-effective and constructible design solutions for our clients.
Apply on company website