DEA's corporate office in Portland, OR is hiring for a Network Engineer to be part of our Corporate IS Group. The Network Engineer will be part of a team working on engineering projects for network initiatives, plan technology roadmaps, and configure and optimize data, video and voice services.
Main responsibilities include:
- Provide day-to-day support, proactive maintenance, and perform independent complex system troubleshooting.
- Maximize network performance; troubleshoot network problems and outages; schedule upgrades; perform network optimization.
Secondary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Design and implement system configurations; system installations; define, document, and enforce system standards.
- Assist in the operational, strategic planning, and business continuity / disaster recovery solutions.
- Provide strategic technical direction, roadmap design, installation, and configuration of all data systems/services.
- Coordinate with project teams for larger network initiatives and periodically take a lead project role.
- Travel to domestic offices and be on call as needed.
- Administering LAN/WAN security, antivirus and spam.
- Manage VMWare ESXi, Windows servers, and network infrastructure including all aspects of setup, config, and network troubleshooting.
- Configuration and management of Active Directory and Active Directory Federation Services.
- Management of Microsoft Office 365, understanding and troubleshooting issues with mail flow.
- Responsible for the maintenance and administration of Azure hosted services
- Administration and support of Cloud Storage Gateway solutions.
- Windows Terminal Server and Citrix Support.
- Installs and maintains LAN/WAN hardware and software, including servers, network infrastructure, Cisco telephony, video conferencing, and wiring.
- Evaluates hardware and software requirements and capabilities, including making recommendations.
- Support wireless technologies design and implementation of wireless network infrastructure.
- Responsible for building and developing the network infrastructure and documentation.
- Any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- 5+ years of progressive experience in an network support role
- Ability to travel to other offices (could range from 0-25% depending on the month and projects being done)
- Experience with at least four of the following:
- Microsoft Windows Server
- VMware vSphere
- Microsoft Azure and/or Amazon AWS
- Microsoft Active Directory Federation Services and Azure Active Directory
- Citrix and/or Microsoft Remote Desktop Services
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft Office 365, specifically e-mail but the whole platform would be a plus
- Cisco Switching, Routing, Security, and Telephony
- Wireless Network Technologies
- Cloud File Storage Solutions (eg. Panzura, Nasuni)
- Enterprise Storage Systems (Fiber Channel, iSCSI, EMC, etc)
- Web Video Conferencing Solutions
- Anti-spam, Anti-malware, and Security
- Disaster Recovery and Backup Solutions
- Network Monitoring Systems
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Experience in the Architecture/Engineering/Construction (AEC) industry
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)/Holiday Pay
- 401k and Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- Flexible 9/80 (every other Friday off) work schedule
Apply on company website