DEA's Southern California survey group is looking to hire an experienced Project Surveyor. This position will be primarily focused on using Civil 3D / Microstation, processing of data, and DTM's but will also be involved in writing proposals, developing and managing project budgets and schedules, marketing clients, managing survey crews and office staff in performing control, boundary, topography, ALTA, right of way, and construction surveying services for public and private clients. Locations for this role can be Los Angeles, Santa Clarita, Tustin, Ontario, Victorville or Temecula.
Other responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Performing calculations and creation of survey products (ALTA, boundary, topographic, right-of-way engineering, etc.) quality control oversight.
- Coordinating with other DEA disciplines and clients to help grow market share and complete projects.
- Directing the field and office crewmembers in the performance of their duties and mentoring and coaching them to advance within the survey profession as their individual abilities allow.
- Work may also include preparation of survey drawings using AutoCAD.
- Current Professional Land Surveyor license in California
- Familiarity with state and county mapping requirements
- Strong computer skills with CAD and Land Surveying software, such as: Autocad LDD/Civil 3D, MicroStation, InRoads, InRoads Survey as well as the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge in ESRI products, Trimble Business Center, Cyclone are desirable.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Paid Time off (PTO)/Holiday Pay
- 401k and Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
Survey Jobs with DEA:
Throughout history, land surveyors have played a significant role in the development of our world. Though fundamental principles have remained essentially the same over time, the technology employed continues to rapidly advance. DEA uses the latest tools while respecting historic doctrines such as following in the footsteps of the original surveyor. We foster a unique, collaborative work environment where specific expertise can be targeted for optimal client solutions.
Our day-to-day land surveying and geomatics activities are as varied in scope as in any career. DEA's team is staffed and fully equipped to provide land surveying services for construction staking and layout, geodetic and control surveys, topographic and quantity surveys, and boundary surveys. As value-added services, we offer in-house 3D high-definition laser scanning, both static and mobile, and hydrographic survey services.
Potential office locations include: Los Angeles, CA; Santa Clarita, CA; Tustin, CA; Ontario, CA; Temecula, CA; Victorville, CA.
Apply on company website