DEA's Salem, OR office is hiring for a Senior Transportation Engineer to be part of our Transportation Business Unit. The position responsibilities will be diverse and will include providing engineering design, technical leadership, and project team coordination activities related to highway/roadway projects. These activities will occur both in the office, at the client offices, and on project sites.
Additional duties include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring excellence in project execution for on-time, on-budget deliverables of quality that meet or exceed the industry's standard of care.
- Providing design leadership and guidance to staff. Reviewing engineering documents and deliverables for compliance with contractual requirements as part of DEA's Quality Management requirements.
- Adhering to firmwide tools, processes, and policies including project accounting (set up, budgeting, etc.), contracting, and quality requirements.
- Assisting with project management including design team coordination, schedule preparation and monitoring, production management, quality management, and client communications.
- Designing transportation improvement projects on arterial, collector, local, and transit facilities on the state and local transportation systems.
- Designing, preparing, or overseeing the preparation of preliminary and final plans in Civil 3D, and/or Microstation/InRoads software.
- Coordinating with other project disciplines including structural, geotechnical, stormwater, surveying, traffic, environmental, utilities, right of way, and other aspects of a project.
- Preparation of quantity and cost estimates.
- Preparation of project specifications based on Oregon DOT or agency-specific specifications
- Limited field observation on project sites before, during, and after construction.
- Participation in public involvement / stakeholder outreach activities in support of project development.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering
- 8+ years of experience with transportation projects focusing on highways and roadways
- Professional Engineer in the State of Oregon or ability to obtain in 6 month
- Self-starting leader, team-oriented, entrepreneurial and able to lead and motivate project staff
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Vacation/Sick/Holiday Pay
- 401k and Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- Flexible 9/80 (every other Friday off) work schedule
Transportation Jobs with DEA
The increasing complexities of modern transportation include growing demands, aging infrastructure, rising costs, funding challenges, and environmental concerns. Agencies and communities faced with improving their transportation systems must do more with less. From initial investigations through planning, concept development, final design, and construction, DEA responds with solutions that serve today's transportation needs while accommodating tomorrow's growth. Our Transportation Business Unit focuses on five markets: Bridges and Structures, Roads and Highways, Smart Mobility, Transit and Rail, and Construction Engineering.
Apply on company website