Join our fun and growing team, and let DEA support you in your pursuit of success. Work in an environment that fosters teamwork and collaboration, where expectations are clearly defined through effective communication, where teams are accountable to the results and process, where trust in your team breeds shared success, and where initiative and creativity are rewarded. Be part of what defines our future.
Looking for an exciting career path in Land Surveying and Geomatics, DEA is where you want to be! Learn from some of the most respected Professional Land Surveyors in the western United States. With offices in over 8 states, opportunities are endless. You'll be able to experience Land Surveying in areas from 3D Laser Scanning, Subdivisions, High precession steel and bridges to land and riparian boundaries. This is your opportunity to learn from some of the best in the industry!
Timing is everything. We currently have an opening in our Woodinville, WA office for a Survey Party Chief. This position will be managing a survey crew performing boundary, topography, ALTA, right of way, and construction surveys for public and private clients. Also responsible for the operation and maintenance of survey equipment, taking field notes, data collection, performing calculations and working with DEA staff and clients on these projects. Direct the crewmembers in the performance of their duties and mentor and coach them to advance within the survey profession as their individual abilities allow.
Position Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Must have knowledge of professional surveying practices and procedures; state and federal laws affecting land surveying and boundaries
- Must be proficient with the operation and maintenance of Leica & Trimble total stations, Leica & Trimble GPS equipment, Leica electronic levels and other various measuring instruments
- Must be proficient with electronic data collection systems and processes; must be able to download and process data files, perform complex survey computations
- Thoroughly inspects and checks deliverables for accuracy and correctness; Deliverables includes field note sheets, electronic data collection files
- Provides coordination and serves as Lead for survey crew personnel
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in boundary and construction surveying
- 2-3 years managing a field crew
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Must be able to travel out of town for up to a week at a time
- Scanning experience is preferred
Survey Jobs with DEA:
Throughout history, land surveyors have played a significant role in the development of our world. Though fundamental principles have remained essentially the same over time, the technology employed continues to rapidly advance. Using basic philosophies and applying the newest in technology, DEA takes an integrated approach to blending the latest tools with the historic past.
Our day-to-day land surveying and geomatics activities are as varied in scope as any potential work tasks. DEA's team is staffed and fully equipped to provide land surveying services for construction staking and layout, geodetic and control surveys, topographic and quantity surveys, and boundary surveys. As value-added services, we offer in-house 3D high-definition laser scanning, both static and mobile, and in-house hydrographic survey services.
Apply on company website