DEA's Salem or Portland, OR office is hiring a Transportation Project Engineer to support our Roads and Highways group while working on transportation related projects. A successful candidate will be a highly motivated self-starter assigned to work on multi-discipline projects as a project engineer and perform engineering calculations and design using specialized technical skills, experience and engineering judgment to transform concept designs into construction drawings and technical specifications. The work may include street improvements, utility plans, freeway, highway and roadway design, construction documents and all supporting documentation.
Other duties include:
- Coordinate projects with supervisor, project managers, and firm staff.
- Ensure excellence in project execution for on-time, on-budget deliverables of quality that meet or exceed the industry's standard of care
- Participate in business development activities
- Provide sketches and/or detailed layout information to design staff for incorporation into the construction drawings.
- Designs, prepares, or oversees the preparation of preliminary and final plans in Autodesk Civil 3D, and Microstation/InRoads software.
- Prepares and/or directs the design of roadway, traffic, or stormwater plans
- Preparation and modification of reports, specifications and cost estimates for project.
- Develop, track and modify project schedules.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering
- Professional Engineer License in the State of Oregon or the ability to obtain within 6 months
- Minimum 4 years of civil engineering, traffic engineering, or construction experience related to transportation projects
- Microstation/InRoads and/or Civil 3D design experience
- Local experience in the Oregon Region
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Vacation/Sick/Holiday Pay
- 401k and Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- Flexible 9/80 (every other Friday off) work schedule
Transportation Jobs with DEA
The increasing complexities of modern transportation include growing demands, aging infrastructure, rising costs, funding challenges, and environmental concerns. Agencies and communities faced with improving their transportation systems must do more with less. From initial investigations through planning, concept development, final design, and construction, DEA responds with solutions that serve today's transportation needs while accommodating tomorrow's growth. Our Transportation Business Unit focuses on five markets; Bridges and Structures, Roads and Highways, Transit and Rail, Smart Mobility and Construction Engineering.
Potential office locations include: Portland, OR; Salem, OR.
Apply on company website