Our Puget Sound Region is hiring a Transportation Roadway Project Engineer to support our Roads and Highways group while working on transportation related projects. This position can be filled in our Bellevue, Tacoma or Olympia offices and will support DEA's challenging transportation and water resource projects including Fish Passage and design-build.
A successful candidate will be a highly motivated self-starter assigned to work on multi-discipline projects using specialized technical skills, experience and engineering judgment to transform concept designs into construction drawings and technical specifications. The work may include street improvements, utility plans, freeway, highway and roadway design, construction documents and all necessary supporting documentation. Our ideal candidate would be proficient with horizontal and vertical alignment design, stormwater/sanitary sewer/waterline designs, utility relocations, coordination with structural engineers and other engineering disciplines, earthwork, quantity take-offs, specifications, and engineer's estimates. Traffic engineering design, including traffic signal and illumination, experience is a plus. The candidate would also be eager to accept new challenges to diversify their skills by not only performing transportation engineering work, but also construction observation, general civil design, and traffic engineering. Finally, a successful candidate will have good interpersonal and communication skills and a passion for work.
Other duties include:
- Coordinate projects with supervisor, project managers, and firm staff
- Provide sketches and/or detailed layout information to design staff for incorporation into the construction drawings
- Design, prepare and analyze preliminary and final plans in Autodesk Civil 3D, and Microstation/InRoads software.
- Prepare and design street/highway improvement plans
- Analyzes maps, reports, drawings, as-builts for design projects
- Develop reports, specifications and designs for projects
- Develop, track and modify project schedules.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering
- 4+ years of civil engineering design related to roadway projects
- AutoCAD Civil3D and Microstation/Inroads project experience
- Technical writing skills.
- Professional Engineering License in the United States with Washington preferred
- Experience working on WSDOT projects
- Experience developing project schedules in Primavera P6
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)/Holiday Pay
- 401k and Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- Flexible 9/80 (every other Friday off) work schedule
Transportation Jobs with DEA
The increasing complexities of modern transportation include growing demands, aging infrastructure, rising costs, funding challenges, and environmental concerns. Agencies and communities faced with improving their transportation systems must do more with less. From initial investigations through planning, concept development, final design, and construction, DEA responds with solutions that serve today's transportation needs while accommodating tomorrow's growth. Our Transportation Business Unit focuses on four markets: Bridges and Structures, Roads and Highways, Transit and Rail, and Construction Engineering.
Potential office locations include: Bellevue, WA; Seattle, WA; Tacoma, WA.
Apply on company website