DEA is currently hiring for a Water Resources Staff Engineer to support major projects in the Puget Sound region. This position will support DEA projects that focus on improving and enhancing the environment, primarily fish passage. This position will also focus on key programs that require dedicated staff to lead multiple design efforts that are expected to extend to the year 2030. This position can be located in either our Portland, Denver, Salt Lake City, Tacoma, Seattle or Bellevue offices, but could also be co-located in a client's project office in Olympia, Yakima, Shoreline, Burlington, or Bellingham, WA. As a Staff Engineer, this position will be providing engineering for projects that include some of the region's most environmentally critical fish passage projects, stream and estuary hydraulics and hydrology, stream restoration, and stormwater runoff and conveyance for large regional projects.
- Work on teams to plan and design municipal and transportation related stormwater drainage and water resources engineering projects
- Perform hydrologic, hydraulic, and geomorphic analyses using simulation software
- Prepare documents including reports, plans, specifications, and construction cost estimates
- Provide technical engineering direction and workload planning as needed to junior engineering staff
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal stormwater management designs standards.
- Assistance in Business Development efforts (e.g. engagement in professional organizations and visibility efforts), preparing proposals and participating in interviews as needed.
- BS in Civil Engineering
- Professional Engineer in the United States
- 2+ years of design experience with hydraulics, and hydrology
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with AutoCAD/Civil 3D and/or MicroStation/Inroads.
- Technical writing skills.
- Professional Engineer in the State of Washington
- Project experience in Washington, Oregon or Idaho
- Experience working on WSDOT projects.
- Experience with Microstation Inroads Storm and Sanitary, Autodesk Civ3D, CivilStorm, StormShed, MGSFlood, SWMM, HSPF, HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS (1D and 2D), SRH2D, FLO2D and HY-8
- Experience designing in or around streams and wetlands
- WSDOT's HRM certification
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)/Holiday Pay
- 401k and Employee Stock Owner Ship Program (ESOP)
- Flexible 9/80 (every other Friday off) work schedule
Potential office locations include: Bellevue, WA; Tacoma, WA; Seattle, WA; Portland, OR; Denver, CO; Salt Lake City, UT.
Apply on company website