The successful candidate must demonstrate experience, skills, and commitment to fostering an environment of belonging, diversity, equity and inclusion in students, faculty and staff.
Delta College is seeking instructors committed to the college's philosophy that education serves the greater good by providing students access to a better life. The candidates for adjunct instructor positions understand that community colleges are positioned to fundamentally change people's lives, and as a result, society itself. Required qualities include a belief that continuous improvement in pedagogy and relationships with students, other faculty, and staff are hallmarks of an educator who has been called to the profession. We are seeking colleagues who embrace the idea of helping students achieve their goals, and approach academic excellence as evidenced in equity as a moral imperative.
Are you interested in positively impacting students' lives? We are seeking a Blueprint Reading Adjunct Instructor to introduce blueprint symbols and their meaning as used in a manufacturing operation. Provides instruction and practice to develop skill in spatial visualization, sketching, orthographic projection, including auxiliary and sectional views, detail and assembly drawings, dimensioning and tolerances, title blocks, material lists, and notes for use by various manufacturing personnel and American National Standards Institute (ANSI) conventional drafting and dimensional standards.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Understanding of and ability to work with a diverse student population
- Use of email, internet-based resources, and common Office software
- Ability to teach in a variety of formats, including incorporating online learning systems
- Understanding of ADA requirements and willingness to create accessible materials
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Understanding Delta Mission/Vision/Values
- Associate's degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology
- 5 years experience
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field: Engineering
- Teaching experience at the community college level
- Other teaching experience: High School Drafting, Blueprint Reading
Complete an on-line application and attach a cover letter with position title, resume, three current names of professional references, and copies of transcripts (official transcripts required upon hire) and/or certifications and licenses. Please note: In order to receive full consideration, a resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts must be attached.
* Course assignment is dependent on the applicant's qualifications and demonstrated abilities.
* If you are selected for an interview, you are required to provide a teaching demonstration on topics selected by the Business & Technology division.Required Documents
- Cover Letter
- Transcript 1
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Letter of Recommendation 3
- Transcript 2
- Transcript 3
Apply on company website