The successful candidate must demonstrate experience, skills, and commitment to fostering an environment of belonging, diversity, equity and inclusion in student, faculty and staff.
Delta College is seeking instructors committed to the college's philosophy that education serves the greater good by providing students access to a better life. The candidates for adjunct instructor positions understand that community colleges are positioned to fundamentally change people's lives, and as a result, society itself. Required qualities include a belief that continuous improvement in pedagogy and relationships with students, other faculty, and staff are hallmarks of an educator who has been called to the profession. We are seeking colleagues who embrace the idea of helping students achieve their goals, and approach academic excellence as evidenced in equity as a moral imperative.
Are you interested in positively impacting students' lives? We are seeking collaborative, energetic, and innovative biology adjunct instructors who are committed to student retention and success. Instructors are responsible for establishing and promoting an effective learning environment to maximize student learning. Instructors may be assigned to teach introductory and /or general courses in traditional classroom settings and/or blended/hybrid classrooms as needed in the Science and Mathematics Division at Delta College.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Understanding of and ability to work with a diverse student population
- Use of email, internet-based resources, and common Office software
- Ability to teach in a variety of formats, including incorporating online learning systems
- Ability to teach non-science majors that are mathematically under-prepared
- Understanding of ADA requirements and willingness to create accessible materials
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Understanding Delta Mission/Vision/Values
- Master's degree in biology, OR Master's degree in a related field with at least 18 hours of successful graduate level biology coursework
- Ability to teach on a Delta campus
- Teaching experience at the community college level
- Recent experience in teaching biology in an active learning environment
Complete an on-line application and attach a cover letter with position title, resume, three current names of professional references, and copies of transcripts (official transcripts required upon hire) and/or certifications and licenses.
* Course assignment is dependent on the applicant's qualifications and demonstrated abilities.
* If you are selected for an interview, you are required to provide a teaching demonstration on topics selected by the Science and Mathematics Division.Required Documents
- Cover Letter
- Transcript 1
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Letter of Recommendation 3
- Transcript 2
- Transcript 3
Apply on company website