- Work day shift Monday through Friday for the purpose of maintaining the systems necessary to operate the facility for students, faculty and staff.
- Plan work day, understand priorities and direct other electricians as assigned.
- Request equipment and supplies for the purpose of maintaining inventory and ensuring availability of items required to complete the necessary installation and/or repairs.
- Work with Delta College Planning Team to monitor the electrical work of outside contractors (e.g. electrical system upgrades/expansions, major remodels, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring projects and installation are completed within Delta specifications and applicable codes/standards.
- Inspects electrical systems and their components to evaluate condition, identifying necessary repairs and recommend preventive maintenance.
- Work on 480/277V and 208/120V distribution systems. Occasional transfer of primary power (8,320V) from one source to another with existing switchgear.
- Recognize potential dangers of working with energized equipment or systems and selects proper PPE to safely perform task.
- Troubleshoot complex problems and low voltage control systems. Analyzing blue prints, schematics and drawings of electrical systems to determine the most efficient repair and/or installation of new/upgraded systems or equipment.
- Use department software to complete requisitions for material, compose email, schedule calendars, program equipment, maintain inventories, complete work orders and document activities.
- Communicate with supervisor and/or other trades for the purpose of completing projects and work orders.
- Installs electrical equipment and components while using appropriate power tools (e.g. indoor/outdoor lighting, low voltage controls, receptacles, switches, alarm systems, power distribution panels, conduit, scoreboards, parking lot gates, building controls, automation devices, etc.).
- Maintain electrical equipment and tools to ensure safe operating condition of electrical devices.
- Repair/replace electrical components or systems (e.g. motors, system controllers, transformers, door operators, lighting, clocks, kitchen equipment, etc.).
- Occasionally required to work after hours or when the school is closed to monitor contract work, perform work in unoccupied spaces or to respond to emergency situations.
- Maintain electrical shop, distribution rooms and areas including, cleaning, organizing and trash removal.
- Work with limited supervision and recognizes some support resources from other areas within the department may be required.
- High school diploma or GED
- Journeyman Electrical License from the State of Michigan.
- Minimum Ten (10) years' experience as an institutional, educational and/or industrial maintenance electrician
- Ability to compile, maintain, and process the required logs and records for accurate material and labor reporting
- Experience with low voltage communications, security systems, fire alarm systems and commercial controls
- Know, understand and follow applicable local and state codes, rules and standards
- Possess a valid Michigan driver's license and good driving record
- Have a strong mathematical background
- Able to read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, schematic, specifications and instructional manuals
- Able to work alone with minimal supervision or as member of a team
- Experience with elevated work using powered lift, platforms, ladder and scaffolding.
- Must be physically able to perform all duties within the classification
- Must possess basic computer skills and have experience with Microsoft Office applications
- Associates Degree with focus in the electrical field.
- Master Electrician license from the State of Michigan.
- Certification to operate lifts, boom truck and elevated platform.
Complete an on-line application and attach a cover letter with position title, resume and copies of transcripts (official transcripts required upon hire) and/or certifications and licenses.Required Documents
- Cover Letter
- Transcript 1
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Professional Certifications or Licensures
- Transcript 2
Apply on company website