The successful candidate must demonstrate experience, skills, and commitment to fostering an environment of belonging, diversity, equity and inclusion in student, faculty and staff.
Safety Officers at Delta College Campus Centers are assigned a variety of duties and tasks. Safety Officers will be assigned to patrol the campus on foot, including the buildings and parking lots. Safety Officers also provide vehicle unlock and battery jump services for students, faculty and guests of Delta College. Safety Officers are expected to be self-motivated and self-disciplined. Safety Officers may be assigned to Main Campus or any of the downtown learning centers. Safety Officers assigned to a learning center will report to a staff member at that location and will maintain direct radio contact with the Public Safety Dispatch Desk.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
Safety Officers may be responsible for securing the building at the end of their shifts and assuring that all faculty and students have safely left Campus prior to the end of their shift. Other duties will include parking enforcement, smoking enforcement and maintaining a daily log to be completed at the end of their shift. There may be times when the Safety Officer is required to write a brief report depending on the nature of the incident.
- High School Diploma or GED
- No felony convictions
- Applicants should possess a willingness to acquire a general understanding of the College policies and practices to better serve students, campus departments, visiting community members and/or prospective students
- Commitment to uphold the office's commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
- Uniformed position/dress code required
- Excellent customer service skills: ability to represent Delta College and Public Safety courteously and effectively to all guests
- Must successfully pass a background investigation prior to being employed
- Security or Law Enforcement experience such as working on a Reserve Unit at a Police Department
- Outgoing personality and enjoys working with people
- Prior service oriented experience
- Willingness to work afternoons and weekends
- Ability to use/learn Microsoft Office tools
Complete an on-line application and attach a cover letter with position title, resume, three current names of professional references, and copies of transcripts (official transcripts required upon hire) and/or certifications and licenses.Required Documents
- Cover Letter
Apply on company website