We are seeking a Neurologist with a commitment to compassionate, patient-centered care, a desire to work in a collaborative professional environment and enthusiasm for ongoing process improvement. Integrity, empathy, collegiality, and a strong work ethic are expected.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Outpatient and Inpatient Neurology Consults
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- EMG's and EEG's
- Participation in activities, committees, boards, projects pertinent to the sub-specialty as dictated by strategic or other initiatives/taskings
- University of Arkansas Medical School faculty appointment is encouraged for opportunities to work with residents and students
- Provider will act as "surrogates" for the patients of their colleagues when their colleagues are on leave
- Enter progress notes on inpatients on which the subspecialist rounds during weekdays, weekends or holidays
- On call duties every other weekend
Financial Disclosure Report:Not required.
Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP):This position is eligible for the Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP), a student loan reimbursement program within VHA. If selected for this position you must meet specific individual eligibility criteria in accordance with VHA policy 1021 and apply for EDRP within four (4) months of appointment. Final award amount and program start date is determined after review of a complete EDRP application and supporting documentation by the VHA Education Loan Repayment Services office.Travel Required
Not requiredSupervisory status
- Job family (Series)
0602 Medical Officer
- Physicians, All Other
Conditions of Employment
- U.S. Citizenship; non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Designated and/or random drug testing required
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959
- You may be required to serve a probationary period
- Subject to a background/security investigation
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English
- Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process
- Must pass pre-employment physical examination
Applicants pending the completion of educational or certification/licensure requirements may be referred and tentatively selected but may not be hired until all requirements are met.
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Completion of residency training, or its equivalent, approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs in an accredited core specialty training program leading to eligibility for board certification.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Physical requirements outlined below.
Reference:VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-2 Physician Qualification Standard. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office.
Physical Requirements:VA Directive and Handbook 5019, applicants must be able to perform the duties as a Physician. Light lifting (under 15lbs), light carrying (under 15lbs), use of fingers, far vision correctable in one eye to 20/20 and 20/40 in the other, hearing (aid permitted), emotional stability, mental stability.Education
Note:Only education or degrees recognized by the U.S. Department of Education from accredited colleges, universities, schools, or institutions may be used to qualify for Federal employment. You can verify your education here:http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/. If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education. For further information, visit:http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
ResponsibilitiesWe are seeking a Neurologist with a commitment to compassionate, patient-centered care, a desire to work in a collaborat...
Apply on company website