Primary Care Physician, IM/FM
Hampton, VA, VA Healthcare
Primary Care Physicians to work at the Hampton VAMC (HVAMC). Positions are available at the main hospital in Hampton and Community Based Outpatient Clinics in Virginia Beach and Chesapeake VA. Medical School Affiliation, lots of construction and expansion with new facility upgrades, new programs, MICU, Med-Surg., Mental Health and other services. Multi-Specialty Outpatient Clinic approved. HVAMC is one of the fastest growing medical centers in the nation and serves a growing population of over 55,000 Veterans. HVAMC is located on waterfront property, near beaches, great for boating and water sports. The area is near Washington DC, great for family adventures with a variety of shopping plazas, dining facilities, and recreational parks that schedule year-round festivals, and other cultural events.
Provides full range of medical services, evaluation and management of veterans; orders appropriate diagnostic tests and consultations; provides overall management of chronic diseases; practices within clinical guidelines of Joint Commission; background is in internal medicine or family medicine; effective interpersonal skills; provides exceptional customer service; committed to process and quality improvement with successful performance outcomes; collaborates well with multidisciplinary team members to provide comprehensive patient care; serves as a consultant to other medical center staff and trainees; involved in evidence based quality treatment and performance improvement initiatives.
- Competitive salary and annual performance bonus!
- Guaranteed salary increases!
- Full benefits (see below)
- Licensure: 1 Full and unrestricted license from any US State is permissible to work at these facilities
- CME benefits
- Malpractice: free liability protection with tail coverage provided
- No physician employment contracts!
Whether you're interested in academics, research, or a better work/life balance, you'll find the VA has a lot to offer, including the unmatched satisfaction you'll get from caring for those who have served our country. In addition to competitive pay and liability protection, the VA also offers a robust benefits plan that includes:
Paid Time Off:
- 26 Days paid annual (vacation/personal) leave you can carry over up to 86 days into a new year
- 13 Days paid sick leave per year with unlimited carry over!Unused sick leave can be used to extend creditable service time at retirement!
- 10 Federal holidays with pay
- Possible 5 Days paid Authorized Absence to attend CME
- Health Insurance: VA employees have an outstanding number of health insurance plans from which to choose (premiums are partially paid by VA)
- Dental & Vision: Our insurance options also include exceptional vision and dental plans (premiums are partially paid by VA)
- VA employees have the option to use Flexible Spending Accounts, which allow you to use tax-free dollars to pay for medical, dental, and vision care expenses that are not reimbursed by your health insurance plan
- Term life insurance, family, and additional coverage options are available with the cost shared by the Federal Government.
- Long-term care insurance is available as an option
Federal Retirement Plan:
- VA employees are covered by the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS). FERS is a three-tiered retirement plan composed of 1) Social Security benefits; 2) FERS-FRAE basic benefits (pension); and 3) Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) which is a 401K-type plan
- How is the pension funded? VA employees hired after January 1, 2014 automatically contribute 4.4% of their salary each pay period and the VA contributes 8.3% of the employee's salary each pay period for a total annual contribution percentage equal to 12.7% of the employee's salary
- Similar to the 401(k) savings plans widely available in the private sector, the TSP allows employees to tax defer a portion of their income each year, subject to the requirements of the Internal Revenue Service. For calendar year 2016, employees under the age of 50 may contribute up to $18,000, while those over age 50 are eligible to make catch-up contributions that allow them to defer up to $24,000
- The Federal Government also provides an automatic basic contribution (1% of salary) and up to 4% of salary in matching contributions, depending on the amount of the employee contribution
- For retired military personnel, these benefits are in addition to full monthly retirement pay or pension
- In addition to FERS, VA provides health care insurance coverage for retired personnel
- Disability Retirement
Employees are vested in a federal pension after only 5 years' service
David Raines, US AIR FORCE, VETERAN
National Healthcare Recruitment Consultant
National Healthcare Recruitment Service, NHRS, (10A2A7)
Human Resources Operations and Oversight (HROO)
Workforce Management and Consulting (WMC)
Veterans Health Administration (VHA)
US Department of Veterans Affairs
Primary Care Physician, IM/FMHampton, VA, VA HealthcarePrimary Care Physicians to work at the Ham...
Apply on company website