The G.V. (Sonny) Montgomery VA Medical Center (GVMVAMC), Jackson Mississippi, is seeking an experienced Board Certified/Board Eligible Radiation Oncologist who possess at least three years' of post residency clinical experience, with at least two years' of proficiency in Sterotactic Body Radiotherapy (SBRT) and Sterotactic Radiosurgery (SRS), knowledge of Varian/Eclipse and RapidArc Treatment Planning Systems (TPS), experience in Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT) treatment of head and neck malignancies, and knowledge of the Radcal program for use with emergency patients. Work Schedule: Full-Time, Monday – Friday, 7:30 AM – 4:00 PM, with call responsibility for emergencies.
- Must be a US Citizen (Non-Citizens May Be Considered)
- Must possess Current Active Unencumbered U.S. Medical License
- Residency Trained and Board Certified/Eligible in Radiation Oncology Specialty
With a population of 160,628, Jackson Mississippi, named after Andrew Jackson and later the 7th President of the United States, is the capital and most populous city in Mississippi. Known as “The City with Soul”, Jackson is home to numerous musicians prominent in blues, gospel, folk and jazz; and takes its nickname from the city's perseverance and triumphant spirit in the struggle for Civil Rights that have marked and shaped the nation. Steeped in southern culture, Jackson is also home to a multitude of world-class painters, sculptors, dancers, actors, architects, photographers, filmmakers, musicians, and artisans of many disciplines. The city pulses with music from classical to inspirational, home-grown gospel, blues, jazz, rock ‘n roll, R7B and more. Jackson hosts 29 museums and attractions, including the Mississippi Civil Rights and History Museums, and the one-of-a-kind Lefleur Museums that combines four enticing attractions into one wonderful destination, and Jackson's captivating Downtown Museum District overflows with amazing things to do and see. Jackson, The City With Soul: https://youtu.be/SVKgxlIuTTw?list=TLGG2NrGUYdPaAAxMzA1MjAyMQ
- The VA supports a healthy work-life-family balance and robust benefits package
- Expected annual salary range of $330,000 - $340,000 depending on credentials/experience
- Annual Performance Pay Bonus up to $15,000 available
- Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP) Award of up to $200,000 possible
- Paid Time Off: 26 Days' Vacation, 13 Days Sick and 10 Federal Holidays with pay
- Medical-Dental-Vision-Life insurance plans and Flexible Health Spending Accounts available
- Retirement: Federal Employees Retirement System & Thrift Savings Plan with 5% matching
About the VA:
The Department of Veterans Affairs offers Veterans the largest, most technologically advanced integrated health care system in the United States. We operate more than 1,400 sites of care, including 153 medical centers, 909 ambulatory and community-based outpatient clinics, 135 nursing homes, 232 Veterans centers, 47 readjustment counseling centers, and 108 comprehensive home-care programs, across all 50 states, the District of Columbia, and U.S. Territories.
For more information and to discuss your interests:
Please forward copy of your CV and Cover Letter, summarizing your background, education, training, clinical practice, credentials and interests, to Dave Aragon, VA National Healthcare Recruiter, email@example.com or call (702) 675-5761.
Position Information:The G.V. (Sonny) Montgomery VA Medical Center (GVMVAMC), Jackson Mississip...
Apply on company website