Beautiful Birmingham VA Medical Center
NO Insurance Companies to deal with, Practice Pure Medicine
The level of department support and inter-structure is amazing
The Birmingham, Alabama VA Medical Center seeks a full-time, board-certified, or board-eligible Sleep Medicine Physician to practice in the Sleep Service department, including sleep medicine clinics, sleep laboratory programs, home sleep, and sleep telehealth program.
The opportunity allows you to provide:
- Initial evaluation and management for patients with the full spectrum of sleep disorders in-person and via clinical video telemedicine.
- Interpretation of diagnostic/therapeutic In-Lab polysomnographic studies
- Home Sleep polysomnographic studies
- Sleep consult management, and other additional duties based on Sleep Service needs.
- Spearhead the team in the development of an organized approach to sleep disorders, sleep quality improvement initiatives, and the implementation of evidence-based medicine and best practices, thereby resulting in improved patient outcomes at a decreased cost. In addition, the sleep physician will help develop the remote veteran apnea management program (REVAMP) and will be encouraged to participate in clinical sleep education as part of the VA mission.
The ideal candidate: neurologist; psychiatrist or pulmonologist with experience seeing sleep medicine patients; in-lab; home sleep testing and video telehealth medicine.
Opportunity highlights: Being able to practice sleep medicine optimally, not dealing with insurance companies, and to practice pure medicine, providing the highest level of care and treatment for your patients is what makes our position so amazing.
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday flexible with work schedule.
Current, full, and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in the U.S.
Interested: Forward your CV to email@example.com
Community Information: To be in Birmingham is to be in the arms of the South. Where the energy is palpable, and a spirited nature is tempered by cosmopolitan charm. Its to be in a place thats as modern and contemporary as it is classically southern.
Its a place thats brimming with entertainment, the arts, nightlife, outdoor recreation, and world-class cuisine. Should you have Birmingham pigeonholed as serving only barbecue and fried pies, remember that the city is home to the Oscars of dining, with James Beard Foundation Award winners and nominees. Visitors to the city should take in the beauty of down-home cooking as well. And guests with an appetite for live music have come to the right place. Dozens of art galleries surprise enthusiasts and collectors with a spectrum of paintings, sculpture, jewelry, ceramics, fine and folk art. The Birmingham Museum of Art houses an impressive collection of artistic work from cultures around the world.
Benefits Bullets: VA boasts a comprehensive compensation and benefits package (Paid Time-Off, Professional/Personal Insurance Coverages, 401K, CME, and Retirement, etc.). For more info, click: Physicians At VA
Apply on company website