Diversity and Inclusion Statement Guided by an ethic of Vincentian personalism and professionalism, DePaul compassionately upholds the dignity of all members of its diverse, multi-faith, and inclusive community. We seek to hire collaborative, open-minded, and dedicated professionals who are committed to advancing our university mission to making education accessible to all, with special attention to including underserved and underrepresented communities. Successful candidates thrive in an environment where ideas and perspectives representing a wide variety of cultures, backgrounds, and experiences are welcome and supported.
THIS IS A HYBRID POSITION.
This position serves to support the benefit plan administration and reconciliation, for the 403(b) Plan and all health and welfare benefits plans, such as health plans, COBRA, tuition waiver/exchange, part-time benefits, voluntary benefits, and other benefit programs as needed. Duties also include day-to-day employee inquiries/responses, and other projects requiring support.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Performs reconciliation process and requests wire/ACH transfers for the health and welfare, voluntary benefit plans, and 403b.
- Maintains Health and Welfare plan eligibility files including transmitting files to vendors, reviewing cancel/no match reports, auditing, and testing as necessary.
- Administers and provides support as needed for the tuition waiver and tuition exchange programs.
- Researches participant issues regarding all benefit plans and respond to inquiries from participants and vendors.
- Processes benefit election changes related to family status changes, open enrollment, etc.
- Performs additional duties and special projects as assigned in order to achieve overall Human Resources objectives.
- Maintains and performs HR Benefits website with updates and relevant information.
- Supports Leave of Absence processing and maintains benefit payments.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience.
- One to three years of experience within a Human Resources/Benefits office.
- Strong communication, quantitative and analytical skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and Oracle Cloud or higher preferred.
- Knowledge of legislative issues affecting benefits and compensation.
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Organized individual with the ability to prioritize numerous projects.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with employees at all levels of the organization.
For consideration, please include a resume and cover letter.
- Working overtime may be necessary during peak times of the year.
Required Background Check:
Employment at DePaul University is contingent on passing a background check. Only final candidates who are extended an offer of employment will undergo a background check.
Required COVID-19 Vaccination: Employment at DePaul University is contingent upon receiving all recommended doses of the COVID-19 vaccine or having a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated. To request a religious or medical exemption, please email email@example.com. Mandated Reporting of Child Abuse & Neglect: Upon accepting an offer of employment with the university, you will also be required to sign an Acknowledgement of Mandated Reporter Status at the time of hire. A mandated reporter is required to make a report to the Illinois DCFS Hotline whenever there is reasonable cause to believe that a child known to them in their professional or official capacity may be abused or neglected. For more information, please visit the following pages:
Illinois Department of Children & Family Services (DCFS)
Illinois Abused and Neglected Child Reporting Act
Title IX Contact Information
Federal Title IX policy requires that all colleges and universities make known the contact information for the person responsible for coordinating its efforts to comply with Title IX responsibilities. The Title IX Office is on the Lincoln Park campus on the 3rd floor of the Student Center, 2250 N. Sheffield Avenue. The Title IX Office can be reached at 312-362-8970 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
DePaul University is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.
Apply on company website