This is a hybrid position, working 3 days in office and 2 days from your home office.
Diversity and Inclusion Statement Guided by an ethic of Vincentian personalism and professionalism, DePaul compassionately upholds the dignity of all members of its diverse, multi-faith, and inclusive community. We seek to hire collaborative, open-minded, and dedicated professionals who are committed to advancing our university mission to making education accessible to all, with special attention to including underserved and underrepresented communities. Successful candidates thrive in an environment where ideas and perspectives representing a wide variety of cultures, backgrounds, and experiences are welcome and supported.
Reporting to the Associate Director for DPCL/FA Student Services, the DePaul Central Specialist will help students manage the enrollment process within the DePaul Central office. This includes providing integrated student service via multiple channels including in-person, email, chat, virtual, and phones. Provide holistic assistance for one-stop visitors with questions related to all aspects of being a student at DePaul. Accurately and proactively provide excellent customer service resolution to inquiries involving the financial aid, registration, and payment processes for students and families that lead to retention. In addition, the DePaul Central Specialist will provide appropriate referrals for students to other staff within DePaul.
Responsibilities & Duties
- The DePaul Central Specialist serves as the main point of contact and resource for students and visitors across all service channels of the one-stop - in-person, email, chat, virtual, and phones from point of contact to resolution or referral.
- Assist students by providing accurate information regarding University processes and policies that can impact enrollment, retention, degree progress, or financial wellness.
- Use Customer Relations Management (CRM) tools to appropriately log student interactions and issues from beginning to end.
- Use PeopleSoft as well as other appropriate DePaul database software systems to aid the student in making appropriate decisions.
- Work with functional areas to complete functional tasks as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn, understand, and accurately abide by and explain regulatory compliance standards related to FERPA and federal financial compliance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to write and respond clearly, concisely, accurately, patiently, and empathetically.
- Promote a customer-centric demeanor and sensitivity to the cultural and social diversity of the university community.
- Problem-solving, creative thinking, and active listening skills.
- Ability to work positively in a demanding, high volume, fast-paced, team-oriented student service environment both independently as well as collaboratively.
- 3 to 5 years of experience working in student services or higher education.
- Extended time sitting, looking at a screen, and answering phone calls.
- Advising & Counseling (Basic).
- Customer Service (Intermediate).
- Leveraging Technology (Basic).
- Production & Processes (Basic).
- Regulatory Acumen (Basic).
- Collaboration & Teamwork (Intermediate).
- Cultural Awareness & Sensitivity to Diversity (Basic).
- Effective Communication (Basic).
- Judgment & Decision-Making (Basic).
- Mission Focus & Institutional Knowledge (Basic).
- Project Management & Organization (Basic).
- Relationship & Network Building (Intermediate).
- Change Acumen (Not Applicable).
- Conflict Management (Not Applicable).
- Continuous Improvement (Not Applicable).
- Education Industry Acumen (Not Applicable).
- Learning Agility (Not Applicable).
- Self-Awareness (Not Applicable).
- Systems Thinking (Not Applicable).
- Capacity Building & Talent Development (Not Applicable).
- Creativity & Innovative Thinking (Not Applicable).
- Thought Leadership (Not Applicable).
- Visionary & Strategic Orientation (Not Applicable).
For consideration, please include a resume and cover letter.
- Staff will work on campus for designated times weekly as well as remote for other days.
- Campus locations may vary.
- Staff may be asked to work evenings or weekends for special events.
Required Background Check:
Employment at DePaul University is contingent on passing a background check. Only final candidates who are extended an offer of employment will undergo a background check.
Required COVID-19 Vaccination: Employment at DePaul University is contingent upon receiving all recommended doses of the COVID-19 vaccine or having a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated. To request a religious or medical exemption, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Mandated Reporting of Child Abuse & Neglect: Upon accepting an offer of employment with the university, you will also be required to sign an Acknowledgement of Mandated Reporter Status at the time of hire. A mandated reporter is required to make a report to the Illinois DCFS Hotline whenever there is reasonable cause to believe that a child known to them in their professional or official capacity may be abused or neglected. For more information, please visit the following pages:
Illinois Department of Children & Family Services (DCFS)
Illinois Abused and Neglected Child Reporting Act
Title IX Contact Information
Federal Title IX policy requires that all colleges and universities make known the contact information for the person responsible for coordinating its efforts to comply with Title IX responsibilities. The Title IX Office is on the Lincoln Park campus on the 3rd floor of the Student Center, 2250 N. Sheffield Avenue. The Title IX Office can be reached at 312-362-8970 or email@example.com.
DePaul University is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.
Apply on company website