Diversity and Inclusion Statement Guided by an ethic of Vincentian personalism and professionalism, DePaul compassionately upholds the dignity of all members of its diverse, multi-faith, and inclusive community. We seek to hire collaborative, open-minded, and dedicated professionals who are committed to advancing our university mission to making education accessible to all, with special attention to including underserved and underrepresented communities. Successful candidates thrive in an environment where ideas and perspectives representing a wide variety of cultures, backgrounds, and experiences are welcome and supported.
DePaul University is the largest private university in Illinois, providing education to over 21,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students each year. DePaul is a mission-based organization, and our mission gives us purpose. Check out our mission and see what we're about.
We're looking for an Operations Engineer-Intermediate (Hybrid) to join our team and play an essential role in implementing, supporting, tuning, monitoring, and documenting enterprise-wide desktop computing environments. If you love working with technology, enjoy solving complex problems, and want to contribute your time and efforts to something positive and meaningful, please consider applying.
We would love to chat with you if you are:
- Willing to work primarily from home and only travel to campus when necessary
- Self-motivated and willing to wear many hats
- Able to communicate effectively with a diverse team
- Passionate about desktop management technologies
- Experienced with managing desktop environments professionally
- Familiar with Microsoft MEMCM: administration, task sequence creation, image configuration/capturing, application creation/deployment/troubleshooting, SQL Server views
- Familiar with PowerShell scripting
- Familiar with digital certificates
- Keen on engineering solutions that solve problems for a large university community
Bonus points for:
- Familiarity with Mac desktop management using Jamf Pro
- Familiarity with Azure Virtual Desktop
- Familiarity with Intune
What you'll get to do:
- Work closely with a high-performance team
- Help manage the full lifecycle of a large desktop environment consisting of 7,500+ endpoints
- Proactively shape the future of desktop computing experiences to support our hybrid workforce
- Help support academic computing experiences including physical labs as well as a “virtual lab” offering
- Comprehensive benefits package including:
- 35-hour work week
- Work from home
- 3 weeks paid vacation
- 10 paid holidays in addition to the week between Christmas and New Year's Day
- Competitive health and insurance coverage
- Tuition waivers for employees and immediate family members
Required Background Check:
Employment at DePaul University is contingent on passing a background check. Only final candidates who are extended an offer of employment will undergo a background check.
Required COVID-19 Vaccination: Employment at DePaul University is contingent upon receiving all recommended doses of the COVID-19 vaccine or having a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated. To request a religious or medical exemption, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Mandated Reporting of Child Abuse & Neglect: Upon accepting an offer of employment with the university, you will also be required to sign an Acknowledgement of Mandated Reporter Status at the time of hire. A mandated reporter is required to make a report to the Illinois DCFS Hotline whenever there is reasonable cause to believe that a child known to them in their professional or official capacity may be abused or neglected. For more information, please visit the following pages:
Illinois Department of Children & Family Services (DCFS)
Illinois Abused and Neglected Child Reporting Act
Title IX Contact Information
Federal Title IX policy requires that all colleges and universities make known the contact information for the person responsible for coordinating its efforts to comply with Title IX responsibilities. The Title IX Office is on the Lincoln Park campus on the 3rd floor of the Student Center, 2250 N. Sheffield Avenue. The Title IX Office can be reached at 312-362-8970 or email@example.com.
DePaul University is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.
Apply on company website