Diversity and Inclusion Statement Guided by an ethic of Vincentian personalism and professionalism, DePaul compassionately upholds the dignity of all members of its diverse, multi-faith, and inclusive community. We seek to hire collaborative, open-minded, and dedicated professionals who are committed to advancing our university mission to making education accessible to all, with special attention to including underserved and underrepresented communities. Successful candidates thrive in an environment where ideas and perspectives representing a wide variety of cultures, backgrounds and experiences are welcome and supported.
The Accounts Receivable Coordinator is responsible for the administration and processing of the parent plus loan refund process. This position has primary responsibility for assisting in the processing and reconciliation of all student refunds. In addition, there is responsibility for the accurate and timely processing of accounts receivable transactions and assisting in the overall service duties in the department.
Most work associated with this position can be done remotely.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Establish working relationships with University offices and parent plus loan borrowers.
- Ensure the timely processing of parent plus loan refund requests.
- Provide assistance with managing parent plus loan e-mail inbox.
- Process and reconcile student refunds.
- Research, resolve and reissue lost refund checks.
- Participate in the overall effort and quality of the efficient operation of the department.
- Process various accounts receivable transactions.
- Balance daily work and assist in departmental daily balancing.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Strong accounting/bookkeeping skills.
- Strong analytical, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational.
- Strong customer service background.
- Excellent interpretive and data management skills.
- Knowledge of People Soft transaction processing (quick post processes, payment plans) is extremely helpful.
- Knowledge of various software packages.
For consideration, please include a resume and cover letter.
- Respond to in-person, phone and written inquiries concerning tuition accounts.
- Research accounts.
- Resolve account discrepancies.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
Required Background Check:
Employment at DePaul University is contingent on passing a background check.
Required COVID-19 Vaccination:Employment at DePaul University is contingent upon receiving all recommended doses of the COVID-19 vaccine or having a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated. To request a religious or medical exemption, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Mandated Reporting of Child Abuse & Neglect: Upon accepting an offer of employment with the university, you will also be required to sign an Acknowledgement of Mandated Reporter Status at the time of hire. A mandated reporter is required to make a report to the Illinois DCFS Hotline whenever there is reasonable cause to believe that a child known to them in their professional or official capacity may be abused or neglected. For more information, please visit the following pages:
Illinois Department of Children & Family Services (DCFS)
Illinois Abused and Neglected Child Reporting Act
Title IX Contact Information
Federal Title IX policy requires that all colleges and universities make known the contact information for the person responsible for coordinating its efforts to comply with Title IX responsibilities. The Title IX Office is on the Lincoln Park campus on the 3rd floor of the Student Center, 2250 N. Sheffield Avenue. The Title IX Office can be reached at 312-362-8970 or email@example.com.
DePaul University is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.
Apply on company website