Diversity and Inclusion Statement Guided by an ethic of Vincentian personalism and professionalism, DePaul compassionately upholds the dignity of all members of its diverse, multi-faith, and inclusive community. We seek to hire collaborative, open-minded, and dedicated professionals who are committed to advancing our university mission to making education accessible to all, with special attention to including underserved and underrepresented communities. Successful candidates thrive in an environment where ideas and perspectives representing a wide variety of cultures, backgrounds and experiences are welcome and supported.
The Staff Internal Auditor conducts reviews of University processes, performs action plan follow-up, and assists with investigations and the annual risk assessment process. The Staff Internal Auditor supervises student auditors and performs other administrative duties as
assigned. In addition, The Staff Auditor also supports the Internal Audit Senior in conducting larger and more complex audit reviews.
Is This You?
- Assists in the execution or executes the planning, fieldwork and reporting phases of process reviews on the Internal Audit Plan within budgeted hours and timeframe
- Performs follow-up on agreed-upon action plans from internal audits
- Assists with the annual risk assessment process and investigations, as needed
- Assists in Internal Audit administrative tasks, as assigned
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Business-related Bachelor's degree (Internal audit or related discipline preferred). Master's degree preferred.
- 2-4 year of auditing experience, preferably on internal audit projects.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) preferred
- Manages the execution of audit projects under the guidance of the Internal Audit Manager. Project plan, scope and execution decisions are reviewed and approved by the Manager. Supervises student auditors, if assigned to the project. Usually no more than one student auditor is assigned to each project. Supervision includes explanation of tasks to be completed, review of output of the task, and monitoring of timely completion of the student auditors' work. Approximately 20% of project time if student auditors are assigned to the project.
Other Skills & Abilities Required
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Visio required; working knowledge of IDEA or other data analytic tools, and Access is desired.
- Experience utilizing ERP systems and GRC tools preferred. Experience using SQL and Tableau desired.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple assignments to meet deadlines, work independently, and work in a fluctuating environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate with many individuals at all levels throughout the University in a professional and courteous manner.
- Mathematical aptitude and the ability to manage and interpret data accurately.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with a high degree of discretion.
For consideration, please include a resume and cover letter.
- Required travel between Loop and Lincoln Park campus
- Some overtime including weekends or evenings, as necessary
- Working for a stable and well-known University that values diversity and inclusion.
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits.
- Generous paid time off, sick time, holidays, floating holidays, and more!
- Matching retirement plan up to 10%.
- Tuition waivers for employees and dependents!
- Full-Time Benefits
- Part-Time Benefits
Required Background Check: Employment at DePaul University is contingent on passing a background check. Only final candidates who are extended an offer of employment will undergo a background check.
Required COVID-19 Vaccination: Employment at DePaul University is contingent upon receiving all recommended doses of the COVID-19 vaccine, including the booster, or having a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated. To request a religious or medical exemption, please email email@example.com.
Mandated Reporting of Child Abuse & Neglect: Upon accepting an offer of employment with the university, you will also be required to sign an Acknowledgement of Mandated Reporter Status at the time of hire. A mandated reporter is required to make a report to the Illinois DCFS Hotline whenever there is reasonable cause to believe that a child known to them in their professional or official capacity may be abused or neglected. For more information, please visit the following pages:
Illinois Department of Children & Family Services (DCFS)
Illinois Abused and Neglected Child Reporting Act
Title IX Contact Information
Federal Title IX policy requires that all colleges and universities make known the contact information for the person responsible for coordinating its efforts to comply with Title IX responsibilities. The Title IX Office is on the Lincoln Park campus on the 3rd floor of the Student Center, 2250 N. Sheffield Avenue. The Title IX Office can be reached at 312-362-8970 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
DePaul University is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.
Apply on company website