ABOUT THE POSITION:
Dignity Health Medical Group, Arizona (DHMG-AZ)is actively seeking a highly experienced leader to serve asChair for our Department of Medicine in Phoenix, Arizona. We are recruiting for a well-rounded and collaborative physician leader witha strong passion for research, teaching, and community outreach.The candidate will be comfortable in initiating and managing relationships with faculty, along with developing and maintaining positive relationships with organizational and community leaders.
The Department Chair will be primarily accountable for the overall success of the DHMG-AZ Department of Medicine by improving the quality of clinical care, education and scholarship. This individual will also be responsible for collaborating with the DHMG-AZ leadership to strategically plan the future growth and development of the Department, the Healthcare Service Lines within the Department, and the implementation of educational programs. Additionally, this individual will serve as the liaison for quality and cost effective initiatives between the Dignity Health Medical Group and Dignity Health Arizona.
The Department of Medicine includes 78 physicians, 16 advanced practitioners, and 46 residents. Within the department, there are 8 Divisions including Cardiology, Critical Care Medicine, Endocrinology, Gastroenterology, General Internal Medicine, Hospitalist, Infectious Disease, and Palliative/Pain. GME programs within the Department include 2 Internal Medicine residencies, 1 Gastroenterology fellowship, and 1 Hospice and Palliative Care fellowship. The physician leaders of these Divisions will report directly to the Chair. The geographic footprint of the Department of Medicine stretches across the Phoenix metropolitan area, covering ambulatory and hospital services in Phoenix, Chandler, and Gilbert.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Functions as a senior physician leader within DHMG-AZ
- Fosters a collaborative model of practice to promote the growth and success of the Dignity Health Medical Group as a whole
- Works within the team to develop and implement quality metrics for the department, appropriate financial incentives, practice guidelines, and strategic plans for growth across service lines
- Collaborates with academic leaders to develop and implement educational programs within the department
- Mentors physicians and APPs within Department, including regular evaluations, providing feedback for improvement, and enhancing their professional development
- Clinically active physician who models the practice of evidence-based medicine and superior patient experience skills
- Strives to be a servant leader who exemplifies mission-appropriate excellence and professional growth of the members of the department and promote a culture which supports the mission statement of the Medical Group and organization
- Publishes and promotes publications with the department in order to promote an academic and evidence-based practice
- Perform such other reasonable duties as may be assigned from time to time
This position reports to the Chief Medical Officer (CMO) of Dignity Health Medical Group, Arizona for medical group activities.
- MD Degree and Active Board Certification or Board Eligible
- Must have or be eligible for Arizona State medical licensure
- Completed ACGME Residency training
- Proven physician leadership experience
- Clinical responsibilities within the previous 5 years
- Ability to achieve full and unrestricted hospital privileges at Dignity Health Arizona hospitals
- Is a team-oriented physician who is passionate about providing quality care and furthering the healing ministry, while serving the poor and underprivileged
EEO No J1 Visas
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Full-time employed physician leadership position. Academic rank and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- DHMG is a physician-led, clinically integrated, academic medical group
- Competitive salary, benefits & a matched 403B retirement package inclusive of an employer funded pension plan
- Opportunity for an academic appointment with Creighton University.
- Sign on bonus and relocation
- CME benefits
CommonSpirit Health is the largest non-profit, mission-driven healthcare system in the country. It was formed by the merger of Dignity Health and CHI in 2019, and spans across 21 states. Dignity Health Medical Group in Phoenix, AZ is a 275+ physician and APP team providing services throughout the Phoenix metro area. Dignity Health touches the lives of thousands of people and provides nearly $2 billion in charity care to the communities it serves. With a unified vision of becoming an organization where physicians, care teams and staff come to do their best work--and patients come for the best care--Dignity Health Medical Group is searching for exceptional talent that is patient focused and team-oriented, who can become a part of our mission-driven organization.
Dignity Health, one of the largest healthcare systems in the nation, is a growing organization with well-resourced, modern facilities and diverse practice opportunities. With more than 39 acute care hospitals in three states and 9,000 physicians, Dignity Health touches the lives of thousands of people and provides nearly $2 billion in charity care to the communities it serves.
Dignity Health Medical Groupis the employed physician group serving the Arizona Service Area. Covering over 45 practice sites, complementing clinical services with translational and bench research, our integrated medical group employs in excess of 250 healthcare providers throughout the valley. Dignity Health Medical Group is continuously expanding in order to meet the needs of the growing patient population in Arizona. With a unified vision of becoming an organization where physicians, care teams and staff come to do their best work--and patients come for the best care--Dignity Health Medical Group is searching for exceptional talent that is patient focused and team-oriented, who can become a part of our mission-driven organization.
St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center is a 571-bed, not-for-profit hospital located in Phoenix, Arizona, that provides a wide range of health, social and support services. Founded in 1895 by the Sisters of Mercy, St. Joseph's was the first hospital in the Phoenix area, is the flagship hospital of Dignity Health, and a member of CommonSpirit Health, the largest not-for-profit health system in the US. More than 125 years later, St. Joseph's remains dedicated to its mission of caring for the poor and underserved.
In the East Valley of Phoenix, Mercy Gilbert Medical Center is a 197-bed hospital which will be opening a new Womens and Children Pavilion in 2023. The new center will provide increased access to maternity and pediatric care and will offer Level III Obstetrical Care for normal and high-risk pregnancies, including a state-of-the-art 60-bed Level III NICU. Chandler Regional Medical Center is a full-service, 429-bed acute-care and trauma level 1 hospital, with approximately 78,000 emergency department and 5,000 trauma activations annually. It is a primary stroke center, has cardiovascular and cardiac surgery services, and neurosurgery. Combined, our East Valley facilities deliver over 7,000 babies/year with growth anticipated with the opening of the Women and Childrens Pavilion.
Apply on company website