Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day!® by offering products that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar General operated 16,500 stores in 46 states as of May 1, 2020. In addition to high-quality private brands, Dollar General sells products from America's most-trusted manufacturers such as Clorox, Energizer, Procter & Gamble, Hanes, Coca-Cola, Mars, Unilever, Nestle, Kimberly-Clark, Kellogg's, General Mills, and PepsiCo. Learn more about Dollar General at www.dollargeneral.com.
Under general direction, responsible for ensuring that mission-critical data is accurately governed, maintained and transmitted between internal and external business partners and systems. Operates independently as the functional specialist for all MDM applications and provides direction and support to business partners and vendors. Collaborates with other departments to define processes, create policies, enhance systems and develop training through the orchestration of people, process and systems to drive business efficiency and enhance accuracy of business data elements.
- Manages the daily workflow related to Item, Vendor, DC and Location and Master Data setup and maintenance with management oversight and support.
- Works closely with other functions (supply chain, merchandising, store operations, accounting, vendors, technology etc.) as needed to resolve questions. Escalates issues as needed to provide resolution in a timely manner and provides recommendations to internal and external partners to resolve issues.
- Assist with the governance and quality assurance of data elements by monitoring systems and reports, proposing system and/or process enhancements and participating in testing.
- Participates in Master Data related projects, and performs other duties as assigned.
- General understanding of Master Data business processes and systems.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to work collaboratively with internal and external customers.
- Basic knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office including Access, Word, and Excel including data entry and basic formulas.
- Experience with 1010 Data, including ability to build queries, reports, and analysis preferred.
- Capable of analyzing pre-defined reports, performing error resolution as needed and making business decisions.
- Aldata GOLD experience a plus.
- Self-motivated, team player with the ability to prioritize workload independently to complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Must be a team player and customer service driven.
Bachelor's degree and 0-2 years Master Data, or analyst experience preferred.
Apply on company website