Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day!® by offering products that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar General operated 16,500 stores in 46 states as of May 1, 2020. In addition to high-quality private brands, Dollar General sells products from America's most-trusted manufacturers such as Clorox, Energizer, Procter & Gamble, Hanes, Coca-Cola, Mars, Unilever, Nestle, Kimberly-Clark, Kellogg's, General Mills, and PepsiCo. Learn more about Dollar General at www.dollargeneral.com.
Manages the process for review of Import and Private Label package labeling to minimize instances of non-compliant labeling or labeling claims. Based on extensive regulatory knowledge of FDA, CPSC, and other regulatory agency requirements this position will manage the process for 3rd party label review as well as provide training, education and guidance to internal and external partners regarding labeling requirements. This position works closely with various internal partners including sourcing, merchandising, brand management and legal to resolve daily package labeling issues.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Establishes and manages label review process for both Import and Domestic private label packaging. Supports internal teams with labeling guidance during label development, manages the label review process with the 3rd party testing labs, engages with vendors for vendor validation of labeling claims, and maintains the label review documentation.
- Acts as a liaison between sourcing, merchandising, brand management, legal and vendors on questions and/or issues relating to product labeling.
- Reports, on a quarterly basis, activities associated to the label review process including but not limited to: number of labels reviewed each quarter, primary issues found during the label reviews, and the number and type of associated complaint tied to the reviewed product labels.
- Support the ongoing training and education of both internal and external partners.
- Manage the packaging and labeling compliance content of both the Domestic and Import Vendor Manuals with new or changed content and/or compliance requirements.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs):
- Extensive knowledge of FDA Food Packaging, Drug Packaging, and Nutritional Supplement Packaging Requirements
- Extensive knowledge of FTC Fair Packaging and Labeling Requirements (FPLA) and Uniform Packaging and Labeling Requirements (UPLR)
- Extensive knowledge of CPSC Labeling Requirements
- Extensive knowledge of NIST Labeling Requirements including the labeling of automotive products
- Basic knowledge of FCC Electronic Products Labeling Requirements
- Basic knowledge of Labeling Requirements for Furniture and Stuffed Products
- Basic knowledge of EPA Labeling Requirements
- Good time management skills; ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Computer skills required, including word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work in a risk-based collaborative environment
Work Experience &/or Education:
A minimum of five years combined experience in a packaging and labeling regulatory compliance role or a Bachelor's Degree in a technical or business field required along with at least three years in a combined experience in a packaging and labeling regulatory compliance role.
Apply on company website