Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day!® by offering products that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar General operated 16,720 stores in 46 states as of July 31, 2020. In addition to high-quality private brands, Dollar General sells products from America's most-trusted manufacturers such as Clorox, Energizer, Procter & Gamble, Hanes, Coca-Cola, Mars, Unilever, Nestle, Kimberly-Clark, Kellogg's, General Mills, and PepsiCo. Learn more about Dollar General at www.dollargeneral.com.
Lead cross-functional process improvement projects that improve the effectiveness and efficiency of Dollar General's operations. Maintain and drive Distribution labor improvement through Engineered Standards and Labor Management. Work with DC operations, information systems, supply chain, other departments to determine root causes and provide solutions to improve processes and reduce cost.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead key cross-functional and strategic projects that deliver significant value to company. Working throughout the organization to define, deliver and measure project results. Provide project management, analytics, and measure to projects to ensure milestones are met and deliverables achieved.
- Responsible for Labor Management Team including Labor Standards and Labor Software platform. Includes both the development, implementation, and maintenance of Engineered Standards.
- Provide leadership and supervision to analysts and others. Direct the analysis to support current and future strategic initiatives. Coach and develop analysts in process improvement techniques.
- Identify, evaluate and implement processes that improve efficiency and effectiveness. Support strategic planning, process review and improvement projects to improve corporate performance.
- Partner with Supply Chain, Store Operations, Merchandising, and other department leadership in the development and deployment of process improvement initiatives. Work with I.T., Finance, and other support functions to remove constraints, justify investments, and implement solutions that improve service and reduce expense.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilitie
- Ability to develop and maintain Engineered Standards including the ability to communicate and educate to team's standards are fair and accurate.
- Strong analytical and process mapping skills
- Ability to lead multiple priorities and project simultaneously (3-5 projects)
- Project Management and Program Management capabilities including the capability to create, execute, and implement project plans for network rollout initiatives.
- Ability to lead presentations to various levels of management
- Ability to quickly identify potential drivers of emerging problems, root cause, and generate solutions (Lean/Six Sigma)
- Ability to partner, train, coordinate, and delegate to all levels of management
- Ability to prioritize projects based on solution impact, time to implement, and/or direction from leadership
Work Experience &/or Education
Bachelor's degree in business, supply chain, or industrial engineering required or equivalent professional experience. Advanced degree or significant professional experience preferred. Minimum of seven years project management and/or process improvement experience.
Apply on company website