Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day!® by offering products that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar General operated 16,979 stores in 46 states as of October 30, 2020. In addition to high-quality private brands, Dollar General sells products from America's most-trusted manufacturers such as Clorox, Energizer, Procter & Gamble, Hanes, Coca-Cola, Mars, Unilever, Nestle, Kimberly-Clark, Kellogg's, General Mills, and PepsiCo. Learn more about Dollar General at www.dollargeneral.com.
Responsible for overseeing the recruiting processes for creating a pipeline of high potential, well qualified, diverse talent for both current and future openings at the retail District Manager level, including sourcing and interviewing.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages and executes the recruitment process for field management positions in partnership with generalists while creating a robust talent pipeline focused on diverse, high potential talent at the retail district level.
- Develops and delivers diversity recruitment strategies comprised of cold-calling, search engine optimization, social networking, and candidate generation to build a diverse, high potential pipeline for multi-unit leaders.
- Collaborates, researches and builds relationships in diverse talent communities and industry experts to benchmark, find tools, and share best practices regarding diversity recruitment strategies.
- Assists with the development and implementation of corporate wide recruiting strategy to attract and hire a diverse workforce, including but not limited to military hiring, campus recruiting, and Diversity focused social media resources.
- Partners with our Diversity and Inclusion team to align recruitment and branding strategies with our company-wide diversity and inclusion programs and initiatives.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Self-starter, ability to work independently and develop a strategic plan from inception to execution Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills; ability to communicate with leadership and staff at all levels
- Ability to collect, interpret and/or analyze complex data and information
- Ability to create strategies, implement innovative solutions, and to improve results
- Ability to handle multiple responsibilities and meet deadlines within a complex, fast-paced environment
- Ability to make successful presentations to individuals and/or groups at all levels of the organization
Work Experience / Education
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in business, human resources management, or closely related field preferred.
- Five years relevant experience in a Strategic Recruitment role preferred.
- Demonstrated passion for diversity and inclusion initiatives.
- Experience working collaboratively with senior management.
Apply on company website