Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day.® by offering products that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar General operates more than 18,000 stores in 47 states, and we're still growing. Learn more about Dollar General at www.dollargeneral.com.
Assist DC Manager/Operations Manager in maintaining the inventory. Coordinate the program, evaluate the processes and recommend modifications. Conduct analysis and publish reports relative to the measurement of the inventory control and cycle counting programs.
DUTIES and ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Coordinate staff, processes and procedures to support the DC in maintaining and exceeding inventory accuracy goals.
- Analyze data and publish reports.
- Track performance by area, determine problems and root causes, communicate results and recommend appropriate action.
- Implement and administer all approved changes to current inventory program.
- Coordinate functions of the statistical-based cycle counting, estimated statistical sampling, and financial cut-offs.
- Maintain system data integrity.
- Ensure that date-sensitive products are checked for expiration, quantities are correct, and exceptions are handled for timely movement of goods.
- Set up and/or change the stock keeping unit (SKU) in the strategic pick location(s).
- Ensure that all cycle counts are scheduled and counting is completed timely, accurately, and in compliance with standard operating procedures.
- Perform process or system testing as required and approved to ensure accurate adjustments and program measurement.
- Administer slotting optimization software that includes setting of parameters and moving of product.
- Research and resolve issues regarding variances between perpetual inventory and the general ledger.
- Monitor and maintain product profiling for optimal distribution center efficiency.
WORK EXPERIENCE &/OR EDUCATION:
- High school education or equivalent required; some college preferred.
- Two years' experience in inventory control systems.
- Thorough knowledge of distribution center operations preferred.
- Strong analytical and math skills; strong attention to detail.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Understanding of human resource practices and OSHA, DEA and FDA regulations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications such as Excel, Word, Access.
- Familiarity with Warehouse Management System functionality.
- Team problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to physically move throughout the distribtuion center to monitor the flow of merchandise.
- May be exposed to extreme heat or cold, including freezers, coolers, and refridgerators for extended periods of time.
- Exposure to changing climatic conditions.
- Exposure to dust, lighting, and noise.
- Some heavy lifting, bending, stooping, squatting, and kneeling may be required to assist employees when necessary.
Apply on company website