Summary: The Administrative Support position is responsible for day to day activities and performs a variety of administrative functions including preparing and distributing reports, timely payroll support, and monitoring of shipping supply inventory. This position will provide service in a courteous, professional, and confidential manner in support of the General Manager and Director of Operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides answers to questions from associates and keeps operations up to date with policies and procedures, HR and Payroll.
- Resolves requests, complaints, and problems or refers issues appropriately.
- Collects information and reports individual productivity for employees in receiving, shipping, and replenishment in addition to individual quality information regarding mis-picks, mis-slots, and receiving errors.
- Prepares time clock edits and daily detail reports for managers, including vacation, daily attendance, call in sheets, employee write-ups, and terminations.
- Monitors shipping supply inventory and ensures levels are maintained (partnering with Inventory Control & vendors), and orders office supplies and printer cartridges as needed.
- Completes payroll for operations on a bi-weekly basis including entering temporary differentials, timesheet coding and ensuring proper hours are paid.
- Codes and processes invoices and billing as needed. Manages vendor logs and accrual spreadsheets.
- Performs other administrative functions as assigned (e.g. typing, filing, and faxing and daily FedEx/UPS shipments).
- Produces daily metric reports including: department hours, shipped and received cases, replenishments, LPN's and out of stocks/shorts.
- Prepares weekly overtime report and Pacific Region metrics.
- Attends manager weekly staff meeting and produces meeting minutes.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain a clean personal work environment.
- Work on special projects as assigned by the supervisors.
- Other duties may be assigned to fulfill DPI's objectives and/or job duties and requirements may be changed as needed to meet current and future business needs.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: The employee must have proficient knowledge of English and basic math skills. An Associate Degree is preferred and a minimum of four years of progressive related experience. Proficiency in all Microsoft office applications including strong working knowledge of MS Excel is required. Familiarity with Dayforce Time and Attendance, Oracle WWS, and Argent APT Labor Standards are highly preferred. The ability to compose documents in different formats, including spreadsheets and professional business communications is required.
Work Environment: The work environment is typically indoors. The floors may be concrete in the warehouse, vinyl or carpet on the interior and cement or asphalt outside. Moderate noise levels occur in the warehouse with powered industrial truck horns operating for safety. The floor surfaces are carpeted in office areas and conference rooms with vinyl floor covering typical in hallways and break rooms.
Work Hours: The work schedule is 8 hours a day, 5 days a week. Work hours and shifts are subject to change depending on operating business conditions and needs. The employee may be required to work overtime and holidays or weekends.
Physical and Mental Demands: Sedentary. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and negligible pounds of force frequently to move objects. Know and follow proper office and safety protocols, DPI grooming, hygiene and dress code requirements. Possess strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills. Be well organized able to manage several projects simultaneously while adhering to strict deadliness. Able work independently with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
We participate in E-Verify, a program run by the US government that confirms your work authorization, based on the information that you provide on your Form I-9. For more information, click the links below.
Right to Work
Apply on company website