DriveTime Needs a Compliance Monitoring Specialist
Headquartered in Tempe, Arizona, DriveTime is the largest privately owned used car sales and finance company in the country. With more than 130 dealerships, 3 operations centers and 15 reconditioning centers across the nation, our 4,000+ employees are focused on getting the right customer in the right car, at the right terms. With over 25 years of industry experience, and our dedication to streamlining the purchase process, we're redefining what it means to buy and finance a used car.
As focused as we are on our customer, we take that same focus on finding the right talent for the right opportunities within our organization. All across the nation, from our Home Office and operations centers to our retail locations and reconditioning centers, we are looking for talented individuals like yourself to join our ever-growing team!
That's Nice, But What's the Job?
In short, the Compliance Monitoring Specialist is responsible for performance of periodic risk assessments of regulatory compliance and monitoring compliance with applicable laws and regulations through analysis and review of transactional data, new and existing programs/processes, policies and procedures, marketing materials, and training materials related to regulatory compliance.
In long, the Compliance Monitoring Specialist is responsible for:
- Identifying and assessing areas of risk within the regulatory compliance environment and making recommendations for improvements to existing policies, procedures, or practices as necessary.
- Development, administration, and performance of compliance monitoring procedures including, but not limited to, analysis and review of transactional data, new and existing programs/processes, policies and procedures, marketing materials, and training materials related to regulatory compliance.
- Assisting in the development and administration of training programs related to regulatory compliance.
- Development, administration, and review of new and existing compliance policies and procedures.
- Monitoring developments in the regulatory environment, analyzing the impact of developments on new and existing programs and practices, and communicate assessment of the impact to management and affected employees as necessary.
- Preparing and presenting results of compliance monitoring procedures and providing recommendations to management as necessary.
- Engaging in DriveTime's culture and development opportunities, including professional development and the development of professional relationships with audit/compliance personnel, management, and DriveTime employees.
So What Kind of Folks Are We Looking for?
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. The ability to talk and write with confidence, charisma, and competence for a wide variety of audiences including management.
- A mind for the details. Okay we know “detail-oriented” is on about every job description – but we really mean it!
- Agile in a fast-paced environment. We move, and we move quickly. Thriving in an environment that never stops, is a must.
- Plays well with others. You will be working in a high-functioning team environment. We work together in order to win together.
- Organization and time management skills. You will be handling multiple projects and deadlines that will require you to prioritize then re-prioritize.
- Mastering of managing. You'll need the ability to effectively manage processes and work with all level of employee and customers.
- Associate or Bachelor's degree, or a satisfactory amount of relative work experience.
- Experience in a regulatory compliance, financial analysis, quality assurance or audit environment is a plus.
- Experience in the Financial Services or other heavily regulated industry is preferred.
- Experience performing analysis of transactional data and identifying trends within the data.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications including Word & Excel. Experience building and executing queries in SQL is a plus.
Anything Else? Absolutely.
DriveTime was awarded Top Companies to Work for in AZ by AZCentral.com for our great culture and one of the Best Places to Work in IT as awarded by PBJ. Essentially we offer a creative, transparent and fun environment since, well, we work here too. DriveTime was also voted the Fastest-Growing Private Companies by Inc 5000, and we aren't slowing down anytime soon!
So What About the Perks? Perks matter.
- Medical, Dental and Vision. DriveTime pays a nice chunk of your premiums to keep the cost as low as possible for our employees.
- 16 days of PTO and 6 paid Holidays. Because who doesn't love time off?
- Benefits like 401(k), company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability.
- Casual Dress. Come dressed in jeans (you'll fit right in with the rest of us).
- Game Room. Gimme a break – no, not a Kit Kat ad but we do have a ping-pong table, pool table and Virtual Reality if you ever need a break in your day.
- Wellness Program and In-House Gym. We want our employees to be the best versions of themselves. That's why we offer a Wellness Program that includes an in-house gym, B12 shots, teeth cleanings, biometric screenings and much more!
Growth opportunities. DriveTime takes a lot of pride in promoting from within. We have spent the last 14 years growing our team members and taking them on the path to owning their
Apply on company website