DriveTime Needs a Regulatory Compliance Counsel…
Think practicing law should be more than billable hours and timesheets?
Want to work with incredibly talented (and humble) people?
Want to work on incredibly diverse and wide-ranging legal topics?
Want to work in a fast pace, quick decision making, and energetic environment?
Want to do real work that impacts our business and our customers every day?
If you answered yes, read on. If not, no worries, we are not for everyone.
Headquartered in Tempe, Arizona and Dallas, Texas, DriveTime is the largest privately owned used car sales and finance company in the country. With more than 130 dealerships, 3 operations centers and 15 reconditioning centers across the nation, our 4,000+ employees are focused on getting the right customer in the right car, at the right terms. With over 25 years of industry experience, and our dedication to streamlining the purchase process, we're redefining what it means to buy and finance a used car.
As focused as we are on our customer, we take that same focus on finding the right talent for the right opportunities within our organization. All across the nation, from our Home Office and operations centers to our retail locations and reconditioning centers, we are looking for talented individuals like yourself to join our ever-growing team!
That's Nice, But What's the Job?
In short, as Regulatory Compliance Counsel you will work on a dedicated team of legal and compliance professionals serving our company and its diverse legal needs. You will: (1) provide legal advice related to a broad range of business initiatives to ensure that the company grows, evolves and innovates in a compliant manner, (2) act as a leader within the Compliance team and demonstrate a mastery of relevant local, state and federal consumer protection laws, and (3) provide advice regarding potential regulatory risk and strategy to the company. We expect engaged, energetic and high-quality client service and support. To be successful here, you need to be results oriented, dedicated to constantly learning, and continuously improving yourself and others.
This role can be based in either Tempe, AZ or Dallas, TX.
Regulatory Compliance Counsel is responsible for:
- Research and analysis of legal and regulatory matters applicable to our diverse operations
- Ensuring customer forms and fees related to auto originations and servicing are compliant with all applicable laws, rules and regulations
- Consulting with and advising business leaders in areas related to regulatory compliance
- Fair lending and fair servicing reviews to ensure company originations and servicing are in compliance with applicable laws
- Subject matter expertise related to regulatory compliance in areas such as collections, automotive remarketing, data privacy and information security, payments, military, and strategies for customer contacts, among others
- Keeping informed of consumer financial services industry-specific regulations and ensuring that appropriate risk management strategies are in place
- Advising the company on and managing outside counsel for ongoing regulatory and legal issues
- Creating a positive work environment that fosters open communication and selfless leadership
- Encouraging collaboration and inclusivity to explore best solutions and business enhancements
- Routinely seeking information from business leaders and employees regarding compliance issues and concerns
So What Kind of Folks Are We Looking for?
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. The ability to talk and write with confidence, charisma and competence for a wide variety of audiences including management.
- A mind for the details. Okay we know “detail-oriented” is on about every job description – but we really mean it!
- Agile in a fast-past environment. We move, and we move quickly. Thriving in an environment that never stops, is a must.
- Plays well with others. You will be working in a high-functioning team environment. We work together in order to win together.
- Organization and time management skills in spades. You'll be handling multiple projects and deadlines that will require you to prioritize then re-prioritize… then… re-prioritize again.
- Constant Learner. You are always willing and looking to expand your knowledge and grow intellectually.
- Quality decision maker. Good decisions are made based on knowledge. We'll need you to gather all the facts and take them all into consideration when making decisions.
- Rebel with a cause. You are always looking beyond the obvious for continuous improvement.
- Master of multi-tasking. We are looking for someone that can handle multiple matters at once and feels comfortable juggling the work load.
- Comfortable being uncomfortable. You will need the ability to get out of your comfort zone to expand your skillset.
- Licensed attorney with 5+ years' experience handling regulatory compliance matters related to automotive consumer financial services
- Regulatory compliance experience in servicing, collections, payments, and remarketing
- Experience with national law firm preferred, but not required
- General legal experience in connection with consumer protection laws
- Client service focused with an excellent track record in previous client support
Anything Else? Absolutely.
DriveTime was awarded Top Companies to Work for in AZ by AZCentral.com for our great culture and one of the Best Places to Work in IT as awarded by PBJ. Essentially we offer a creative, transparent and fun environment since, well, we work here too. DriveTime was also voted one of the Fastest-Growing Private Companies by Inc 5000, and we aren't slowing down anytime soon!
So What About the Perks? Perks matter.
- Medical, Dental and Vision. DriveTime pays a nice chunk of your premiums to keep the cost as low as possible for our employees.
- Generous PTO and Holiday Policy. Because who doesn't love time off?
- Benefits like 401(k), company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability.
- Casual Dress. Come dressed in jeans (you'll fit right in with the rest of us).
- Game Room. Gimme a break – no, not a Kit Kat ad but we do have a ping-pong table, pool table and Virtual Reality if you ever need a break in your day.
- Wellness Program and In-House Gym. We want our employees to be the best versions of themselves. That's why we offer a Wellness Program that includes an in-house gym, B12 shots, teeth cleanings, biometric screenings and much more!
- Growth opportunities. DriveTime takes a lot of pride in promoting from within. We have spent the last 14 years growing our team members and taking them on the path to owning their careers!
Apply on company website