The future is bright at DTE Energy! We are one of the largest Fortune 500 diversified utilities in the United States with an aspiration to be the best-operated energy company in North America and a force for good in the communities we live and serve. We have businesses in 26 states and are comprised of regulated utility and non-utility businesses. Our utility business provides electric and gas service to approximately 3 million customers. Our non-utility businesses include a diversified portfolio of energy related companies, ranging from gas storage and pipelines to renewable power development.
DTE Energy's utility and non-utility businesses are poised for significant growth. We look forward to working with highly motivated and team-oriented individuals to energize our efforts of growing economically and environmentally.
Recently, DTE Energy has been recognized as an outstanding place to work and has received the following accolades:
* Gallup Great Workplace Award for multiple years
* Civic 50 Award for corporate citizenship excellence
* Indeed's annual “50 Best Places to Work” award for two years running
* Metropolitan Detroit's 101 Best and Brightest Companies to work For
* J.D. Power Customer Satisfaction Award
* Professional Women's Magazine/Black EOE Journal “Best of the Best”
* Computerworld's 100 Best Places to Work in IT
* Best Employers for a Healthy Lifestyle Gold Award
* Detroit Free Press Green Leaders Award
This position is responsible for monitoring, testing and recordkeeping for all fuel supplied to Woodland Biomass Power, LLC. This individual will also provide general oversight of fuel yard management, direct shift workers maintain a clean and orderly office and the grounds associated with fuel receiving and storage. This position will report directly to the Plant Manager.
The essential functions of the position include:
- Tracking and monitoring all fuel at the plant site and offsite locations if any.
- Supervise O&M Tech I & II in their daily work of receiving, stacking and reclaiming of fuel.
- Monitor the fuel inventory and operation including but not limited to receiving, tracking, burning, pile rotation (first in first to use), tracking different fuel types.
- Collect QC samples for fuel analysis including tracking, packing and sending samples to lab for testing.
- Coordinates and manages invasive species programs, including implementation and management of the associated compliance plans.
- Prepare process and record the fuel samples for moisture content.
- Verify all insurance requirements for fuel suppliers.
- Verifies and monitors the supply of operationally appropriate fuel for the generating/operating unit.
- Participate in required safety/regulatory training and adhere to all established safety/regulatory training and adhere to all established safety/regulatory requirements and practices.
- Participate in various company provided proficiency training programs.
- All account receiving and account payable relating to the fuel procurement.
- Implement and comply with the combustion plan.
- Fuel blending per management direction.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
The ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English and perform mathematical calculations. Experience on heavy equipment such as loaders, and trucks. Technical training and demonstrated ability to perform successfully in similar work environments preferred to provide the following:
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office products, especially Word and Excel.
- Functional knowledge of subordinate and peer duties and responsibilities.
- Ability to communicate and coordinate work on technical subjects with others across job families and with outside vendors.
- Outstanding skill in leadership and interpersonal relationships.
- Ability to function within a matrix organization in which functional and business leaders have equal authority within the organization and employees report to both a functional leader and a business leader.
- Ability to develop and maintain productive relationships with both a functional and business leader, who collaborates on employee issues and decisions (including performance management, compensation and development).
- Knowledge of plant safety, policies and procedures, especially in areas such as chemical handling, high-energy systems, confined spaces, incipient fire suppression, first aid, rotating machinery, and heavy equipment.
The physical demands characterized here epitomize those that must be met by an employee to properly perform the integral functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
In order to properly perform the integral functions of this job, the employee is occasionally required to: stand, walk or climb and stoop or kneel. Frequently, the employee is required to sit. It is crucial to the outcome of job tasks that the employee is able to: talk or hear; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms extensively.
The employee in this classification will be required to frequently lift objects of up to 10 pounds in weight. Occasionally the employee will have to lift or move objects of up to 40 pounds in weight. In addition, the employee will push or pull up to 70 pounds in weight occasionally.
Vision requirements for this position include close vision, color vision and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee works both in a business office setting and at a plant site. In the course of working at the plant site, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions, including wet and/or humid conditions, and may work near moving mechanical parts and/or machinery. The employee is occasionally exposed fumes or airborne particles and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate in the office, but may become loud at the plant site.
Incumbents may engage in all or some combination of the activities and accountabilities and utilize a variety of the competencies cited in this description depending upon the organization and role to which they are assigned. This description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents in this job. It is not intended as an all-inclusive list of accountabilities or responsibilities, nor is it intended to limit the rights of supervisors or management representatives to assign, direct and control the work of employees under their supervision.
DTE Energy is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, national origin, citizenship, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by law.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA JOB APPLICANTS REGARDING THE
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
DTE Energy and its operating groups, subsidiaries and affiliates (“the Company”), are committed to protecting the privacy and security of personal information of all individuals including job applicants. The Company collects personal information of job applicants in connection with its recruitment and hiring activities. The Company does not sell or otherwise disclose this personal information for monetary consideration or a business purpose to any third parties.
The Company is committed to complying with the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) effective January 1, 2020; and all data privacy and laws in the jurisdictions in which it recruits and hires employees. Job applicants with disabilities may access this notice in an alternative format by contacting: email@example.com
What Categories of Job Applicant Information Do We Collect and How Do We Use This Information?
We collect the following categories of personal information for the purposes described below:
- Name and contact information;
- Last four digits of Social Security Number;
- Voluntary self-disclosure information regarding minority, veteran, and disability status;
- Work history, including job title, dates of employment, duties, experience, and skills;
- Reference and background information, including relationship to Company employees or contractors, prior employment by the Company; and background check information;
- Post-offer information and results, including Social Security Number and date of birth;
- Education history, including schools attended, degrees and certifications earned; and
- Resume and other information provided by you during the hiring process.
The Company collects this information to hire the best qualified applicants and to comply with applicable employment laws.
Apply on company website