The future is bright at DTE Energy! We are one of the largest Fortune 500 diversified utilities in the United States with an aspiration to be the best-operated energy company in North America and a force for good in the communities we live and serve. We have businesses in 26 states and are comprised of regulated utility and non-utility businesses. Our utility business provides electric and gas service to approximately 3 million customers. Our non-utility businesses include a diversified portfolio of energy related companies, ranging from gas storage and pipelines to renewable power development.
DTE Energy's utility and non-utility businesses are poised for significant growth. We look forward to working with highly motivated and team-oriented individuals to energize our efforts of growing economically and environmentally.
Recently, DTE Energy has been recognized as an outstanding place to work and has received the following accolades:
* Gallup Great Workplace Award for multiple years
* Civic 50 Award for corporate citizenship excellence
* Indeed's annual “50 Best Places to Work” award for two years running
* Metropolitan Detroit's 101 Best and Brightest Companies to work For
* J.D. Power Customer Satisfaction Award
* Professional Women's Magazine/Black EOE Journal “Best of the Best”
* Computerworld's 100 Best Places to Work in IT
* Best Employers for a Healthy Lifestyle Gold Award
* Detroit Free Press Green Leaders Award
Operations & Maintenance Technician III
Location: Woodland Biomass Power, LLC, Woodland, California
The person holding this position Will be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of all power plant equipment and assist with maintenance tasks as assigned. This position reports to the Operations Supervisor.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs all station shift operation and maintenance, including startup and shutdown of main plant components and auxiliaries.
- Perform operations in accordance with established Standard Operating Procedures and job safety standards.
- Respond to abnormalities and take corrective actions consistent with established operating procedures and good engineering practice.
- Conducts routine tours of the plant to inspect equipment; record readings and provides feedback to other employees.
- Complies with all site safety requirements and procedures. Identifies safety hazards and takes corrective actions as necessary.
- Maintains accuracy of shift operating logs, records, time sheets, work orders and other administrative documents related to the power plant.
- Performs routine cycle chemistry testing and makes the necessary adjustments to optimize efficiency. Checks daily consumption rates of chemicals, gasses, fuels, water and other consumables; monitors inventories and initiates action to replenish when appropriate.
- Performs plant switching and tagging of equipment in accordance with approved procedures and prudent operations and maintenance practices.
- Performs electrical and mechanical inspections, trouble-shooting, and maintenance tasks under direction of Management when assigned.
- Investigates plant problems, incidents, accidents and unusual events, and provides analyses, recommendations, reports, and appropriate follow-up plans.
- Reads and records gauges and meters. Performs routine operational test and adjustments on all power plant systems and components, as required.
- Develops, assists, and revises operations and maintenance related procedures.
- Performs and maintains housekeeping standards and duties.
- Performs routine preventive and predictive maintenance on all systems and equipment; supports corrective maintenance efforts on selected equipment when properly trained or supervised.
- Becomes lead system representative on assigned systems.
- Performs other duties necessary to fulfill plant requirements.
- Displays routine proficiency improvements toward becoming qualified as an O&M Tech IV.
- May be called upon to assist with the duties of the O&M Tech II.
- Communicates with other company personnel on-site and at other locations. Represents the company in dealing with the public, steam and power customers, vendors, contractors, regulators, and other non-company personnel.
- Assist other team members and works with all departments to support the operation in achieving its goals.
- Willingness to work scheduled and unscheduled overtime and respond to off-hour call-ins.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
A high school diploma or GED is required, with a minimum of two (2) years of power plant experience in operations and maintenance, including knowledge of power plant mechanical and electrical equipment, including motors, pumps, boilers, fluid systems, chemical handling, water treatment systems, pollution control equipment, AC and DC electrical distribution and control systems, etc. and associated maintenance functions. Experience with wood fired steam turbine electrical generation is preferred to provide for the following:
- Must possess and maintain a valid state driver's license.
- Ability to read and write effectively in English and to do basic mathematics.
- Ability to complete site-specific written qualification program.
- Knowledge of power plant safety, policies and procedures, especially in area such as chemical handling, high-energy systems, confined spaces, incipient fire suppression, first aid, rotating machinery, and heavy equipment.
- Knowledge of and ability to understand fundamental principals related to physics, mathematics, AC & DC electrical theory, heat transfer and fluid flow, thermal dynamics and chemistry.
- Knowledge of chemistry and power plant chemical applications.
- Ability to operate valves, switches, controls, keyboards, and other devices associated with power plants.
- Ability to use basic hand tools, portable electric and pneumatic tools, and basic rigging equipment such as winches, hoists and slings.
- Ability to evaluate operating equipment to identify abnormal operating conditions.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to operate and maintain various analytical and test equipment.
- Willingness to work rotating shift schedules, overtime, and respond to off-hour call-ins.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
Attached are the Essential Job Functions and Physical Demands for the Woodland Biomass Power, LLC.
DTE Energy is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, national origin, citizenship, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA JOB APPLICANTS REGARDING THE
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
DTE Energy and its operating groups, subsidiaries and affiliates (“the Company”), are committed to protecting the privacy and security of personal information of all individuals including job applicants. The Company collects personal information of job applicants in connection with its recruitment and hiring activities. The Company does not sell or otherwise disclose this personal information for monetary consideration or a business purpose to any third parties.
The Company is committed to complying with the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) effective January 1, 2020; and all data privacy and laws in the jurisdictions in which it recruits and hires employees. Job applicants with disabilities may access this notice in an alternative format by contacting: email@example.com
What Categories of Job Applicant Information Do We Collect and How Do We Use This Information?
We collect the following categories of personal information for the purposes described below:
- Name and contact information;
- Last four digits of Social Security Number;
- Voluntary self-disclosure information regarding minority, veteran, and disability status;
- Work history, including job title, dates of employment, duties, experience, and skills;
- Reference and background information, including relationship to Company employees or contractors, prior employment by the Company; and background check information;
- Post-offer information and results, including Social Security Number and date of birth;
- Education history, including schools attended, degrees and certifications earned; and
- Resume and other information provided by you during the hiring process.
The Company collects this information to hire the best qualified applicants and to comply with applicable employment laws.
Apply on company website